After 6 months of having a tummy tuck, can you get lipo? Example legs, arms, back?

Additional surgery

Hi, 1984shayIf you are fully healed from your tummy tuck and in a good medical condition, you can safely undergo additional surgery.  Please talk with your plastic surgeon so that he/she can evaluate your candidacy for liposuction.Best wishes.

Absolutely

There should be no problem or issue about having any other surgery at this time. You have to be in good health, normal weight and a suitable candidate. Get yourself evaluated from a qualified plastic surgeon

Vasdev Rai, MD

Lipo after tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question! Yes, you can get lipo 6 months after your tummy tuck as long as their are no other issues that would necessitate waiting a little bit longer. If any of my patients want more surgery after a tummy tuck I will typically ask them to wait at least 3 months and want to make sure they are completely healed from their tummy tuck.

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

6 months after having a tummy tuck, can you get lipo?

There should be no issues in having liposuction of the areas you mentioned, especially this far out from surgery, provided you have healed well from the Tummy Tuck and are still in good health. Discuss your goals with your plastic surgeon and ask to see before and after photos.

Thanks for your question.  I would say that you absolutely should be able to pursue liposuction and contouring after a tummy tuck, assuming your health has not changed. In selected patients that require it, I routinely perform a "second" session of lipo-contouring 3 months after a tummy tuck. So I feel confident telling you that you should be fine.  It is still a good idea to check with your plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Thank you for your question. As long as you are healthy, it should be OK to get lipo after previous TT. Please consult with board certified PS for evaluation.

As long as you are healthy and your hemoglobin levels are at a safe level after the tummy tuck, you can get liposuction.