Got my abdominoplasty in Brazil last month and I am having issues now that I am back in Houston, TX? (Photos)

I had an abdominoplasty on July 11th in Brazil. My body rejected one of my absorbable suture and open a little whole in the scar. My doctor cleaned and restitched me again with non-absorbable suture this time. Then this week my scar started leaking a yellow brownish liquid with weird smelling. After that, the wholes started to appear and I got desperate! I went to see my General Physician and he gave me antibiotics and collect material for a culture. I am really nervous!!!!!!

Got my abdominoplasty in Brazil last month and I am having issues now that I am back in Houston, TX?

I would suggest that you see a local plastic surgeon. Suture abscess are not uncommon but with the characteristics that you are discribing, there is likely a local infection that may need more attention than neosporin and gauze. Unfortunately, finding a local plastic surgeon to take care of another surgeons problems may be a challenge. I'm sure though you will be able to find someone to see you. Be prepared, however, to have to pay out of pocket for their services. Take the time to see someone now. It will be better in the longrun even if you have to pay out of pocket. Good luck.

Needs evaluation

You will need to keep up with your physician and stay on the antibiotics. Local bacitracin ointment and gauze will help also.  You can also seek out a local plastic surgeon to see if they will take your follow-up.  Email your photos and story to your original surgeon.Best wishes.