A red rash formed today 2 weeks post op breast augmentation, should I be worried? (Photo)

Im 2 weeks post op, (Gel under the muscle) today on my right breast, I noticed a large red splotch and a few smaller splotches near my nipple. Its not hot nor do I have a fever. Should I be concerned?

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its early to talk about results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

A red rash formed today 2 weeks post op breast augmentation, should I be worried?

Please see your surgeon for an exam. There are so many things that can cause a rash-allergy to tape and medications  are most common but infection should be ruled out. Most likely is topical allergy but you need to be examined by your surgeon.

Get yourself checked by your surgeon

Rash needs evaluation in person. Pictures do not tell whole story. You should call your surgeon and let him/her know.   

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rash likely from irritation

Thanks for your question and the photo, unfortunately I can't really appreciate a rash. It's not uncommon for patients to have some irritation of the skin that is a result of the breast being larger with the implant placement. Probably best to see your surgeon to verify. Everything else looks great! Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

I do not really see the rash in the photo that you mention of. Please see your surgeon for an evaluation. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Rash

Rashes can occur for a number of reasons and should be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon who did your operation so that they can make an assessment and come up with a plan. Best of luck, MMT