Am I a good candidate for Liposuction?

I am 19,5'2 and weigh 160. I have always struggled with my weight but I am extremely active. My only trouble area is my stomach! So I was wondering if liposuction would be good for me or would I need another procedure.

Without an examination it is difficult to determine if you would be a good candidate for liposuction.  The procedure removes fat from problem areas and frequently produces very nice results.  As you are young and likely haven't had children yet, this procedure would be preferable for you versus a tummy tuck.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can help you determine if the surgery is right for you.  

Tummy Liposuction

Are you a Candidate for Liposuction?
Without pictures, it is hard to say for sure if this procedure is right for you or not. In general, you are a candidate if you have excessive subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise. If you wish to change the contours of your body. Commonly involved areas are the anterior part of the neck (under the chin), upper arms and armpits, male chest/breasts, trunk abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, inner knees, calves, and ankles.
Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes. Patients with average weight, localized fat collections, and healthy elastic skin are the best candidates for liposuction. Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and give you the best advice.

Candidacy for liposuction

Thanks for your question.  Although I cannot give you an educated recommendation without seeing you in person, liposuction is a good procedure if you have mild to moderate amount of fat with mild skin excess.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to see if you are a good candidate for liposuction.  Good luck!

Am I a good candidate for Liposuction?

Without seeing your photos- or the benefit of physical examination-- it's difficult to comment accurately what you are a candidate for. Generally speaking, liposuction addresses excess fat. I would seek in person consultation with BC PS.

Liposuction at the stomach

Greetings. A plastic surgeon would be able to advise you better during a consultation. An exam would be needed to give you the possible options available. Good luck!

Ravinder Jarial, DO

Lipo or not?

Hi.  It's hard to know, without examining you or seeing a photo, whether lipo would be a good idea for you.  

It's certainly a possibility, as is Coolsculpting.

Please post photos...or go and see your friendly neighborhood plastic surgeon.

Liposuction for a somewhat heavy teen

Thank you for asking about your abdomen liposuction.

Being over-weight is such a frustrating problem - you are not alone and I hope this helps.
  • My concern for you is that being so young, you are overweight.
  • Please get all the help you possibly can to get down to a normal weight -
  • Otherwise you will have all sorts of health problems (liver damage, diabetes, high blood pressure) in the next 5 - 15 years. You are too young for this.
  • Good first steps are turning off the TV and computer and exercising instead and cutting out all cakes, candies, cokes, cookies, pies, ice creams, sodas, snacks and cracker.s
  • Fresh fruit, lean meat and fresh vegetables are the way to go.
  • As for liposuction - it will reduce the excess fat on your stomach but in time, the fat will just return to a new area if you don't lose weight
  • So only have the liposuction if you are sure it will motivate you to lose that weight!
  • I have patients who have lost up to 300 pounds with diet and exercise - you have much less to lose and I know you can do it!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Pinch test for liposuction evaluation.

Without a photograph I can't comment specifically on your situation. If the area that bothers you presents more than 1 inch between your fingers when you pinch the skin together you can expect improvement with liposuction.

Am I a good candidate for Liposuction?

Hi lady, its necessary see your pictures to answer your question. Good luck, am at your command.

Dr. Manuel Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD