Am I a candidate for lower body lift? What do you recommend? (photos)

4 pregnancies. I gained 42 lbs ( start weight 135 ) , 31lbs ,31lbs again and 46lbs my last pregnancy. I breastfed all of my children. My 4th child is currently 18 months and I am still breastfeeding. I am 113lbs . Does the lower body lift include cuting through the tissues all the way down to the buttock? excess skin on pretty much much my whole thigh , in and out. I am still young (mid 20's) and having already had 4 cesareans I was wondering when it will be healthy for me to get the procedure.

Candidate for a lower body lift

Hello and thank you for your question. You are an excellent candidate for lower body lift and in my hands auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips. A breast augmentation with or without lift and possible spiral thigh lift. Because you are young and still breast feeding I would wait a while to see how much tighter your skin gets over the next year. It may or may not improve.

Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Find the right surgeon to help you decide?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon

Suitability for lower body lift after 4 pregnancies with excess skin on thighs

Hi there and thank you for the question. 

Congratulations on your family! You have done well to stay so slim but of course pregnancies if large or mutliple can lead to permanent effects on the contour of the torso and the tissues of the abdomen and thighs. 

A lower body lift is really like three operations in one - a tummy tuck, a buttock lift and a thigh lift. It is also known as a 'belt lipectomy' as a wide belt ring of tissue is removed from the full circumference of the body with therefore a scar right the way around the whole body at the bikini line or close to that.. At the back it lifts the buttocks which can be augmented like an implant if flat by using the tissue that would be excised to plump out the profile of the buttocks. The dissection goes down towards but not usually into the buttock muscles. At the sides it produces an effect similar to a lateral or outer thigh lift and at the front it treats the excess tummy skin, allows tightening back of the midline abdominal 6 pack strap muscles and also thereby improves the tissue of the mons at the midline of the anterior groin / lower abdomen by lifting it. It there is a lot of excess skin then a 'fleur de lis' tummy tuck can  be performed allowing the profile of the waist to be made as good as possible but at the expense of a very visible midline abdominal scar. It is less good for the inner thighs and of course does not address the bust on its own.

I hope that you found this information helpful.

Best wishes

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Body lift after four babies

Thank you for asking about your body lifting.

• Congratulations on your familiy.
  • Since you are so slim, the weight you gained was 41% of your current weight -
  • No surprise your tissues are stretched.
  • You appear to be an excellent candidate for a lower body lift.
  • Yes, the incision goes around to the back and can add the excess tissue to your flattened buttocks.
  • I suggest you have the procedure no earlier than 3 months after you stop breast feeding -
  • Ideally, 6 months or longer to let your body fully recover.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lower Body Lift

Your history of multiple pregnancies and photos that show a lot of skin laxity make you a  candidate for a tummy tuck at least, and perhaps a lower body lift.  Yes, the body lift is an incision that goes all the way around your waist hips and above the buttocks much in the way a string bikini would fit. One photo also shows that you have a lot of muscle laxity, so a good repair and sculpting of the muscles is also needed. Be sure and request a free copy of a book I co-authored just for weight loss patients.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Body lift

Dear fervent: Congratulations on your weight loss!  Thank you for posting your photos.   Although a physical exam is required to give you any meaningful advice, based on your photos alone and your concerns regarding skin laxity, I would likely suggest a circumferential body lift first. A common first line of attack for patients who have lost weight or have skin laxity is a body lift procedure. Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy = lower body lift. This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation). Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has extensive experience in body contouring after weight loss to learn more about your options.     

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Am I a candidate for lower body lift? What do you recommend?

Based on your photos I would think you would be an excellent candidate for a Body Lift.  Obviously, a physical exam would be helpful. A Body Lift would help to address the laxity of skin to your entire lower abdomen and back.  It would also help to lift your lateral thighs and buttocks.  I would recommend seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to advice you on your best surgery.