Is it normal to feel pain 8 days post op? (Photo)

Is it normal to feel from one day to another shooting pain in the nipple area?Today i started to feel shooting pain on my left nipple & breast, I been feeling pain but on my right breast , up until today it started on my left, is it common for this to happen? I already visited my Doctor and he said that everything looks fine, although I would like another point of view, and on my incisions one appears to be healing faster than the other one, my breast augmentation was subglandular!

Pain after augmentation

Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of surgery and implants were placed. Everyone has different threshholds and types of pain. Somtimes a supportive bra can help but you should check with your doctor if they would be fine with you being in a bra.  Best of luck with a speedy recovery, MMT

Shooting pains in breasts after sub glandular BBA

Your situation is very common and of no concern. Your incisions look great and the shooting pains to the nipples will come and go at weird times but this is all natural. As long as you are not having any fevers, redness, or bleeding, you should be fine. Good luck with the healing process. 

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Discomfort

Thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations on your recent breast augmentation. It sounds like you are healing as expected. You may continue to have discomfort over the next several weeks. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and the implants to settle. Hope this helps and be sure to follow your plastic surgeons post-op instructions.

Discomfort after Breast Augmentation

Based on your photos and description what you are experiencing is completely normal and it looks like everything is healing just fine. Continue to take your muscle relaxers to treat muscular discomfort while the implants descend to their final position. This discomfort may last for a few more weeks. Continue to go to your post-op appointments so your surgeon can follow your care. 

Pain in the breast 8 days post op?

Shooting pains in the breast after augmentation are not uncommon.  This is typically nerve irritation that will be self limiting and improve when the swelling and inflammation go away.  Some patients report intermittent shooting pains for up to several months after the surgery.  This is rare and usually only happens occasionally.

Based on your pictures, both incisions seem to be healing appropriately for 8 days after surgery.

David F. Klein, MD
Concord Plastic Surgeon

Shooting pains after breast augmentation

Yes, it can be totally normal to feel shooting pains in your breasts/nipples after augmentation. This can be from nerve irritation and recovery of the nerves and it is common for have some intermittent discomfort from your surgery for several weeks.

The fact that it is only on your left side is also not unusual as asymmetric symptoms are more common than have the exact same experience post-op on both sides.

A physical exam would give more information, but based only the the photos, both of your incisions look fine.

If things change since your last visit with your surgeon, please let him know so he can decide if you need reevaluation and any treatment.

Congratulations on your surgery.

Good luck!

Frederick K. Park, MD
Rocky Mount Plastic Surgeon

Post op breast augmentation

Congratulations on your recent breast augmentation. Thank you for posting your photos and questions. What you are experiencing is normal. Your breasts are going to heal at a different rate and the sensations, incisions, swelling, discomfort, etc. can change from day to day and breast to breast.
Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon as recommended and bring any concerns you have to his/ her attention.
Best of luck with your recovery.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Pain after breast aug

Thank you for your question and photos. It is very normal to have intermittent pains for a few months after breast augmentation surgery. They will become less frequent and less intense before they eventually go away all together. Based on your photos it looks like everything is healing just fine. Best of luck, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Is it normal to feel pain 8 days post op?

Thank you for your question. Everything that you have described is normal. However, post-operative questions and concerns are best managed in person by the operating surgeon. I recommend that you make an appointment with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns as well as your convalescence.

8d post op

At 8 days post operative you are very early in the healing process. It is not uncommon to feel discomfort at this point. Follow up with your sugreon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD