I'm 5'9 and weight about 210IBS. I'm trying to lose about 35 IBS to look fit and tone with good eating habits and exercise.

I'm honestly not into doing surgery but I'm concerned that I won't be able to tone the excess skin after my weight loss. I am not seriously obese or overweight and do not want to look thin either so I just need some guidance or re-assurance that I should try all my options with exercise and good eating habits before considering surgery. Is that doable or should I get a tummy tuck and get it over with?

Loose weight first then have a tummy tuck.

There are no short cuts to a beautiful body. You must loose weight and then have surgery. Try loosing more than 35 lbs. 

Thank you for your excellent question.  I would strongly recommend following a healthy diet and exercise regimen until you reach your desired goal weight. This weight should be one where you are comfortable at, and can maintain.  It is not clear how your skin will respond but once at your goal weight you can consult with a plastic surgeon if your body does not respond as you anticipate with weight loss alone.  Best wishes!