- The typical dose for Botox is usually about 20-30 units per area.
- Botox takes approximately 3-7 days, sometimes up to 2 weeks to fully kick in.
- Botox lasts about 4 months (between 3-6 months).
- Usually it is about 5-9 injections per area to be treated
- The most common areas are the glabella (11s between the eyebrows), forehead and crow's feet (lateral eyes).
- Botox has a very high satisfaction rate for patients
- Make sure you find an experienced injector
- The core specialists for Botox are Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists, Facial Plastic Surgeons and Oculoplastic surgeons. Check your doctor's certification as you do not have to be one of these core specialists to offer injection.
I am 50 years old and ready for my first ever Botox. What's estimated number of units? Frequency of treatment? (photo)
Doctor Answers 20
You are going to love Botox! You will typically use about 20-30 units on the glabella and forehead areas and another 20 for the crows feet. Botox takes approximately 3-7 days to notice the effect and will last 3-4 months. Enjoy!
Botox for the first time
You might also like...
First Botox and number of units
Hi, The number of units used will vary depending on the number of places treated and the severity of the areas. Some injectors charge by the unit while others charge by the site. It looks as if you need the Glabella, forehead and crows feet done. This would give you the desired smoothing and brow lift if you want. NO matter the number of units injected it ususally wears off in 3-4 months. If you are concerned that you will be over injected and "frozen" then let your injector know your concerns so a lower number of units can be injected. Most patients, I find, want wrinkles gone but don't want to be completely frozen. Hope this helpsDr. ODell
Botox for facial wrinkles.
First Botox treatment
The Botox dosing will be determined by the sites treated as well as the strength of the individual muscles. On average I use 40-50 units of Botox when treating the glabella (frown lines), frontalis (horizontal forehead lines), and lateral canthal lines (crow's feet). Botox could also be injected into the chin, along the jawline, and into platysmal bands as needed and this would require additional units. It is also important to know that best results are often obtained with combination treatments. For example, you may also benefit from filler injection to the tear troughs to help improve the appearance of the undereyes skin resurfacing to improve any sun damage.
Please see an experienced physician and ask for a customized treatment plan.
Botox and Resuts / What Age To Start? / Whats Amount of Units Needed Per Area
I suggest finding an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.