44DD-5ft student having various pains due to my breasts. I live on campus its hard for me to get to class and exercise. (photo)

20yr, college student, majoring in Biology. I wear a size 44DD. I have, back,neck,arm pains, and I also have severe rashing under and between my breast, with indents at the top of my shoulders. I cannot work, hard for me to exercise(I wear a Bra and Two Sports Bras), its hard for me to get from 1class to another w/o being in pain. shirts are fully sweated by the time I get to a class. i dont have any insurance and i havent found any schools that do this practice. pleAse help me. This is killing me thnx

Breast Reduction surgery

You need  a breast reduction. The Horndeski Method can help alleviate pain associated with large breasts by transferring the weight of the breasts on to your chest muscles.  Overly reduced breasts required by insurance companies are not always in the patient's best interest or wishes. There is less scarring, perkier and long term results using this method. The video attached is of a woman who wanted upper pole fullness without breast implants.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

You need a breast reduction. In Florida there are programs in some counties for patients in financial need, you need to be a county resident and financial reports need to be done in order to qualify.  I would check with your county health department to see if your county has a similar program.

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

You certainly look like you would benefit from a breast reduction, however no surgeon will perform this surgery for free.  You will need to establish insurance coverage and then go through a prior authorization process to see if it will be covered or pay for the surgery cosmetically.  There are programs such as care credit that will allow you to pay for the surgery over time.

Good luck,

Dr. Luong

Jacqueline Anne Luong, MD
Edina Plastic Surgeon

44DD-5ft student having various pains due to my breasts. I live on campus its hard for me to get to class and exercise.

There are NO FREE Breast Reductions even at Plastic Surgery residency programs! Best to obtain health insurance without restrictions to BR surgeries.

44DD-5ft student having various pains due to my breasts.

Thank you for the question. Based on your description and pictures, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.
Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.
Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.
When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.
To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Breast Reduction

Breast Reduction  is also known as reduction mammoplasty. A breast reduction is performed to reduce the actual mass of the breasts, thereby eliminating lower back discomfort and other health issues that can arise from being top-heavy. This is an optional surgery, however, in some instances it is one that comes highly recommended by the patient’s regular medical team due to excessive strain placed on the back, neck and shoulders and other issues caused by a significant imbalance in body proportioning. The women who opt for breast reduction surgery typically experience a host of problems arising from their larger breast size including rashes beneath the breasts, limited range in physical, sports and other recreational activities, embarrassment, social discomfort and a variety of other physical and emotional issues.

A breast reduction can be done without having insurance. Schedule a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and goals.

-Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBA

Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBA
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon