43 years old and wondering if non-surgical methods can help rejuvenate my face? (Photo)

I am curious if I am a candidate for a liquid face lift, or if a surgical approach - like a brow lift - with fillers would be ideal. My primary goals are to address sagging eyelids, marionette lines, and thinning lips.

Liquid Facelift

Thank you for your question in regards to a liquid face lift. Botox and fillers would be a great start to achieve a more youthful appearance. To be sure what would be best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Liquid Facelift is an excellent way to rejuvenate your face

Hi Domino713,

Thanks for submitting your question and photo!

From what I can see, your face already looks pretty good. I do notice some early signs of facial aging that can be corrected, such as the volume loss occurring around the mid face, lips and tear trough regions. Correction for these areas can easily be accomplished non-surgically with dermal fillers like Juvederm Voluma.

To address sagging eyelids, you can also try a modest brow lift using Botox. The non-surgical route will both rejuvenate your face and provide the mosts control over your results. 

I hope this information was helpful! Good luck in your search.

Stay Beautiful,

Dr. Mabrie

David C. Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical methods can provide a great rejuvenation effect in the right candidate.

Non-surgical methods can provide a great rejuvenation effect in the right candidate. Facial fillers are often used to help treat the marionette lines and are the best option for plumping thinning lips. Botox can help lift the eyebrows non-surgically, opening and brightening the eye area. I suggest visiting a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation to come up with a custom treatment plan that addresses your concerns.

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation for a 43yo WF

Hello Domino713-
Yes, you still appear very youthful. If anything, you may be a good candidate for mostly non-surgical aesthetic procedures. Here is a possible list:
-IPL (intense pulse light) and a good home skin regimen to clear up complexion (minimize pigmentation).
-Botox to crows feet and upper-lateral orbicularis oculis muscle to try and lift outer brow position (I think that a surgical brow lift may lift your brows too much)
-Filler to upper and lower lips 
-Consider filler to cheeks to enhance triangulation of face
-Consider reduction of submental (neck fullness) with liposuction, cool sculpting, or Kybella
-Consider bilateral upper bleph surgery

Hope this helps. All the best,
Dr. A.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

You would benefit from both fillers and an upper lid blepharoplasty

i think the best treatment for your sagging upper eyelids, is an upper lid blepharoplasty. i do these in my office under local anesthetic with just some oral Ativan to help you relax. you can return to work 2 days later and there should be no pain (though of course, you can get some bruising and swelling).

i think your other areas of concerns, can be improved by fillers. 
your overall skin can also be improved by both a good skin care regime and also some chemical peels.

all of the above can be provided safely by a board certified PS.

good luck
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Best candidates for liquid facelift

Best candidates for liquid facelifting are those individuals who have lost volume in their face due to weight loss and or aging.  One of the best ways to determine if you have lost volume in your face is to look at some old photographs.  If you lay the photographs in sequence from youngest to oldest you can see how your face has changed over time.  Based on the photographs you provided, you do appear to be an excellent candidate for volume correction.  It also appears as if you would benefit from skin rejuvenation.  Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Liquid Face Lift

Thank you for your question.  I think you are an excellent candidate for facial rejuvenation with fillers and a chemical peel. Hyaluronic acid fillers in the tear troughs, cheeks, and marionette lines will help restore volume you have lost.  A chemical peel will also help reverse some of the sun damage and refresh the overall appearance of your face. Good luck.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs a high volume of facial injections for optimal results.

43 years old and wondering if non-surgical methods can help rejuvenate my face?

Thank you for your questions and for sharing your photograph.  The first step in facial rejuvenation will be to get you on a good skin care regimen that involves a Retin-A to help turnover your skin cells, a sunblock to protect your skin, and a bleaching cream to help even skin tone.  After a skin care regimen is in place, consider use of the nonsurgical options of facial enhancement with Botox to help stall the wrinkling process and fillers to restore lost volume and help lift tissues to address your marionette lines, cheeks, and to plump your lips.  Your eyes may improve with some filler placement into your lateral brows, but could be treated in a more long-term basis with an upper lid blepharoplasty. Check out my blog below for a series of helpful skin care and facial rejuvenation postings. Hope that this helps.

43 Year Old - Filler Facelift Candidate?

Thank you for submitting a photo with your question.  You look like a great candidate for a filler facelift.  Replacing some volume in your mid face will help your under eye area and also help to decrease the subtle marionette lines.  You may also want to have some filler placed in the smile lines.  I would also like to suggest that you look into a peel or laser treatment for the sun damage.  This alone will help you to have a much more youthful look.

Liquid facelift

Yes, you have some normal minor signs of facial aging. I think that you would benefit from fillers to help remove these signs, such as the mild loss of volume beneath your eyebrow and in the tear trough area. As well as the pre-jowl area to help soften these contours and give you a more youthful appearance. The techniques with fillers called liquid facelift are a fast and very effective method to create a more youthful appearance.

Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon