Would a 415cc Inspira implant look "fake" or unnatural, considering how small I am?

I want a natural look, I am an A cup right now but i want a C cup. I am 4'11 and weigh 103 with narrow shoulders.

Are 415 Inspira implants going to be too big?

Great question!

Unfortunately, without seeing photos of your build, it's really hard to determine whether or not these would be appropriate for you.  As the largest Inspira users nationwide, I work with a significant number of very petite woman and have used this size of implant with great results.  

Because of your height, I am guessing that your base width is around 10-11 cm at most and so I would stick with the SRX implants (extra full projection) so that they don't appear to wide.

I hope that helps and wish you success with your surgery!

How to determine optimal implant size

My first thought is that 415 cc implants in a 4'11" 103# person is not consistent with a natural look. Inspira implants have a higher fill ratio, so they will tend to ripple less which is a good thing in a thin patient. The size and profile need to be determined based on measurements of the breast especially base diameter. The Inspira 415 cc implant is full profile so not the most natural look in a petite woman.

Richard Baxter, MD

Implant size compared with body size

Hello, your question is a good one.  If you are very petite, implants of a given size are more likely to look larger and more "augmented" than the same implants in a full-figured person.  It is important to seek your surgeon's advice and also to look at before and after photos, try on sizers, and/or have 3D imaging when making a decision.

Petite Body Type, Larger Implant

Based just on your numbers (weight and current breast size), my main concern is going to be the ability of your skin to hold the implant in a way that looks natural and does not cause. 

Now if you have been heavier in the past or pregnant, and your breasts were larger, your skin could have a bit more capacity to stretch. Oversized implants can lead to several issues that often require surgery to correct .

You need to see at least 2 or 3 board certified plastic surgeons to really answer your question.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Implant type and size

Dear tisha2522:

The Inspira implant will give you a fuller look with more defined upper pole volume.   A physical exam is really needed to give you any meaningful advice.  In terms of implant size, generally speaking, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr.Basu
Houston, TX

Looking fake

Considering how small you are, and with narrow shoulders, I would say that 415cc implants are going to be far too big to look anything remotely natural. It would be helpful to see your pictures, but I would recommend to do some proper sizing with your surgeon before going ahead.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Each woman has a different opinion on what constitutes a "natural" look, and as such it is difficult to make a specific recommendation with regards to your breast implants.  Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome.  For your height and weight, 415cc implants are fairly large. Hope that this helps.