I'm 34 yrs old. Which would you recommend for breasts lift and augmentation 200cc - 250cc mod+? (photos)

I am 34 yrs old, 5'4" and 115 pounds. Have breast fed 2 kids and am scheduled to have a lift (anchor) along with an implant under the muscle. I am currently a 34C; however I wish to be a 34D. I would be unhappy with anything larger. I DO NOT WANT A 34DD. My PS has advised me on 250 mod + to achieve my goal. Is this too big?????? I want to err on the smaller side not bigger. Here are some photos of me and 1 wish pic. I have had no previous surgeries.

Try on sizers

Try on sizers in 250cc and if you like your appearance, then trust your surgeon and go with it. You should bring a bra in the size you want to be to your sizing session, however, to make sure it's not a DD (because bra sizes are not standardized and differ by manufacturer).

Implant Size for Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift

Your pictures suggest that you would be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation and breast lift surgery. Under these circumstances, breast lift surgery is utilized to re-shape the breasts and lift the nipple areolas into normal position. This will require removal of excess skin in both the transverse and vertical dimensions. In most cases, this will require an anchor type mastopexy.

Breast implants are not only utilized to increase breast size, but to provide upper breast fullness as well. The size of the implant utilized depends upon the patient's aesthetic goals and anatomic findings. Most patients want harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures. They also want a natural look with superior breast fullness.

In an effort to determine breast size in a more objective manner, we utilize external silicone sizers. External silicone sizers are designed to sit on top of the patient's breasts. They can be held against the patient's chest or placed inside the patient's bra. This technique helps the patient visualize what their breasts look like with a specific sized implant. It's also gives them a sense of the volume that will sit on their chest wall and how it feels.

The ability to visualize your projected surgical result with sizers alleviates much of the anxiety associated with this procedure. It's important to realize that the size of the breast implant used is less important than the actual fit of the implant. For these reasons, it's important to thoroughly discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon.

Implant vs mastopexy

Thank you for your question. I get this question every day. Each breast is different but for breasts like your, you have to decided what you are hoping to achieve. Years ago, when a patient like you would come to my office I only offered a mastopexy since that is how plastic surgeons are trained. But after hearing patient after patient tell me that they are terrified of all of the scars and don't care if the implants settle a little low as long as they can lift them with a bra, I began to selectively place larger implants in slightly (Grade1) ptotic breasts. The patient were extremely happy. To simplify the decision, ask yourself if you want large, slightly low appearing breasts or perky small breasts. If you decide to get only implants, I would put implants with a slightly wider base width to give you more circumferential fullness.

Hope that helps.

Good Luck!

Optimal Implant Size with your lift

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation and lift surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below.

Right implant size?

Obviously an examination is necessary to be sure but I believe that 250-325 cc is the neighborhood of the right volume for your size and desires. Sizing with different sizes and using VECTRA often helps you (and your surgeon) feel more confidence in the size of implant you plan to use. The lift is important and will give you the right shape and position. Make sure you re-iterate your goals and desires with your surgeon.

Richard Dale Reynolds, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants not always necessary to achieve desired results

It appears you have enough breast tissue that once reshaped and repositioned on your chest will give you the look you are looking for. Please consider that any type of vertical lift will weaken your skin envelope at the point of maximum tension (lower pole) and result in bottoming out of the breast tissue and implant. The added weight of an implant will speed up the bottoming out process. For this reason, I stopped using vertical lifts 20yrs ago. They simply don't last. I recommend you visit the breast augmentation/lift revision forum on this site. It will be helpful in understanding my observations over the years. The Horndeski Method (TM) uses engineering principles to reshape, reposition and provide upper pole fullness without implants and minimal scars. The breast mound is secured permanently to your chest muscles to ensure a long lasting lift without relying on the skin envelope alone like other lifts.
Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size Selection to Achieve Your Goals

Thank you for your question and posting photos.  It looks like you are a great candidate for a breast augmentation with a lift.  In terms of implant choice, generally speaking, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Implant Size

Thank you for your pictures. I do not think 200 to 250 mL and find this too big. It is very small.  Based on your wish pictures it will make you much smaller than your desired result. 

I'm 34 yrs old. Which would you recommend for breasts lift and augmentation 200cc - 250cc mod+?

As an over the internet response, moderate profile + at 300 cc's. with a donut lift should allow you to obtain a nice result... 

Aug and lift

Cup size does not always  match the volume chosen. A baggy test can give a rough estimate.  As for the lift, a vertical or possibly a circumareola may be ok but an exam in person is key.