I'm 26 weeks pregnant and my tooth is broken to gumline. What can I do? (Photo)

My tooth is broken to the gumline which is causing me so much pain. I believe its infected because its a rotten color. I tried everything to stop the pain nothing seems to work. Im 26 weeks pregnant what can i do, i can not take this pain?

Infected tooth during pregnancy

You should go to your dentist immediately.  Make sure he knows you are in your third trimester of pregnancy.  Besides the pain you are experiencing (which, in itself is not good for your baby), your tooth may very well be infected which poses a risk for your unborn child.  Judging from the photo, its most likely that this tooth will most likely need to be extracted.  An oral surgeon will also be a good choice to take care of this.

Steven M. Goldy, DDS

Beverly Hills Dentist