23 year old, mother of one. 4'11 117lbs- 121lbs. Minor tuberous breast; 34A. Want full C - small D? (Photo)

I've been to a few consultations since last year, since then I have reached my savings goal

Tuberous Breast

I do not think you have tuberous breasts. What you have are tight lower poles of the breast and that can be addressed when you have your augmentation. You will find that implants will help stretch your lower pole skin with time. I suggest you find a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust and you should have a great outcome. 

Full C or D cup wishes

First, bras are not created equally.  You will likely fit differently in different styles and vendors.  Most important thing is to find the implant that fits your proportions and desired look.  Implant shape and profile is also important to consider when choosing your desired look.  Your breasts do appear slightly constricted, but I would likely make some internal adjustments underneath to improve the roundness of the lower pole.  Best to visit with a PS for an exam and discuss your desires and options.  

Hope that helps and best wishes!

Dr. Morales

ABPS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Houston, Tx 

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  You breasts demonstrate some elements of lower pole constriction, which can be released during your surgery.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Picking the right implant size to achieve your goals

Dear SalviJenni:   Its difficult to assess your anatomy and breast shape from the photo you have posted.  So without a formal physical exam, its dificult to determine if indeed you have a minor tuberosity or mild breast constriction.  That said, in terms of picking the right implants to achieve your goals, generally speaking, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients

1. Dimensional planning and 2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall.  Hence a physical exam is really needed to give you any meaningful advice.  

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural  fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Best breast implants (and operation) for me? Tuberous breasts?

Thank you for the question picture. Yes, I think that your picture demonstrates some elements of constriction such as short (and "tight") distance from areola to inframammary fold and relatively wide (?puffy) areola. Whether you should undergo breast augmentation surgery  alone versus breast augmentation/areola reduction surgery will depend on your concerns/goals.  This decision should be made after careful consideration of pros/cons associated with each option. 

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or "full C or small D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps.  You will find a separate page, on the same website, dedicated to  breast surgery for patients with constricted/tuberous breasts.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Not a tuberous breast

Thank you for your photo. It appears your breasts have a very short distance from the nipple to the breast crease. Breasts come in different sizes and shapes and yours just happen to have developed that way. Implants alone should give you a good look. A tuberous breast is one where the breast tissue is bulging from the areola, it is very narrow, and there is a high breast crease.

- Dr. Bryson Richards

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photograph.

You can achieve full C-small D with a breast augmentation. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements to recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

300cc to 400cc

I would recommend a breast augmentation with silicone gel filled breast implants in the range of 300-400cc.  May need more if you want a D-cup look.  I would consider shaped implants or the "Inspira" style breast implants.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS