2 years post Aug; pin size holes in areola scars, solid, white, odorous discharge. No redness, fever, pain or swelling? (Photos)

What is the cause of the discharge, should I be concerned. Is there mall practice.can it be fixed was my surgeries done right. Also hardening and bulging or upper and lower abdomen 2 years post abdominalplasty and complete numbness of abdomen with only a 5lb weight gain

Dissatisfaction With Mommy Makeover

Although your results are wanting, you don't have a case for malpractice. The discharge is from small holes in your skin that have 'epithelialized', which means they are lined with skin that sloughs off dead layers, accumulating in the holes where bacteria grow.  

My recommendation is start planning for revision surgery for both your breasts and tummy. You'll need to convert to a formal breast lift which will give you superior breast shape and fine scars.  You'll need a full tummy tuck to improve your abdomen. 

You should visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons.

Breast augmentation and tummy tuck

You have some widened scars around your areola. This isn't uncommon, but is disappointing when seen. There are some treatments for it. I agree with my colleagues about the epidermal inclusion cysts. These can happen with any type of surgery. Removal is a simple in office procedure. The abdomen can be revised to look better. I agree with the previous comments as well. Revision would leave you with a bigger scar, but better contour. I can't tell for sure, but think you may have some retraction of the mons pubis.

You need to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. There is a residency program in Houston which would be a possibility. I don't know many of the surgeons in your area, but can recommend Dr. Morgan Norris as a very capable and board certified plastic surgeon in the Houston area.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

2 years post aug; pin size holes in areola scars and poor abdominoplasty results.

Thank you for sharing your questions and photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  After 2 years, discharge from small holes around your areola are likely the result of epidermal inclusion cysts that developed as a result of sutures or other aspects of your surgery.  These can can be removed by your plastic surgeon in their office.  As far as your tummy tuck appearance it appears that you still have excess skin, and possibly muscle laxity, compromising your results.  A full tummy tuck to address both of theses issues will enhance your appearance while additional liposuction to your waist can further refine your results.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation, they can offer you the best treatment recommendations. 

Bad scars after Breast Augmentation and Tummy Tuck

Hi Randi,

Thanks for your question and photos. Based on your description you have an EIC or epidermal inclusion cyst which is when skin gets stuck under the skin and still produces sebum or oil under the skin. It has a bad smell and needs to be removed. As far as the bulging from your stomach, it appears that you have minimal work done and thus the result is less than ideal. I would recommend going back to your plastic surgeon and seeing what exactly was done as it appears that your upper abdomen was not corrected. If your uncomfortable with your surgeon, get several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons. I would recommend Dr. Morales. He does great work. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@breastlift @breastaugmentation @tummytuck @docmata #drcarlosmata

Need for follow up

It sounds like you may have a small epidermal inclusion cyst and this should be easily removed by your surgeon or another consultant. 

As to your satisfaction with the procedures you had, it would be best to seek evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. 

From the limited information provided, malpractice would be unlikely. 

Abdominoplasty problems

I agree that your breast issue is probably tiny inclusion cysts in your old scar. As regards your abdomen I cannot see too well with the one photo. However it looks like you had a very limited miniabdominplasty with just a little skin taken out through a small incision. A full abdominoplasty with a diastasis repair would make a much bigger change. I would get opinions from local plastic surgeons about what to do. Good luck.

Discharge

The discharge may be small epidermal cysts that have formed. See your surgeon as he/she can remove them if needed so they do not keep recurring. This should be able to be done either with no or just local anesthesia.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD