2 Wk Po Ftt, Mr, Hernia Repair, & Ba.- Fishingline Type Knotts?

I have disolveable sutures that are already coming out - my concern is at the end of each scar is a knotted suture that looks as fishing line- first is this normal second will it dissolve too or need to be removed at some point. Also I had siginifigant hernia repair and can still feel even see the additional intensive internal work will this go down. Or will this be permanent?

Knots and Swelling

If you see suture knots, then they need to be removed.  Dissolvable sutures sometimes have to be removed.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon regarding these issues.  The firmness is normal, and will get better over the next 6 months.

Dissolvable stitches sometimes works their way to the skin in need removal after mommy makeover.

Even dissolvable sutures sometimes need to be removed. This may be the situation for you. Also there is a sizable amount of swelling and hardness at your stage of convalescence. This will improve with time.

Early problems after an abdominoplasty

If you have suture knots that are extruding through the skin these need to be removed.   You will also feel some degree of firmness under the skin where the muscle and fascia was plicated.  This will get better over the first 6 months.  

Knots and swelling?

Hello and thanks for your post. It sounds like your are describing a suture by the name of monocryl which often looks like a fishing line. This suture can dissolve, but over many weeks and these are better removed by your surgeon. With the hernia repair you should expect more swelling and I cannot tell by your description whether it is normal or not. I suggest you check with you PS about your concerns during your next appointment. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

2 Weeks Post Surgery

Healing will continue for 2-3 months for the early period. This includes some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation in the breasts may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Tingling, burning or shooting pains in the breasts will disappear with time and should not alarm you. It is simply a result of the regeneration of your sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage per your surgeon's permission may help. The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling following a #TummyTuck or #Abdominoplasty. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after surgery, as directed by their doctor. Some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.
As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain.
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Mommy makeover with sutures coming out

Once the sutures become exposed, they have to be removed. If not, infection and/or scarring can occur. Follow up with your plastic surgeon.