2 kids and 80lbs weight loss. What size breast would I have if I want a lift? (Photo)

I currently wear a 32DDD but only because of how droopy they ate. I want them perky and full like they used to be before breastfeeding and weightloss. To lose this weight I have started eating all whole foods, no preservatives, and the thought of implants, foreign objects, in my body scares me. However, I had a consultation and was told I have so little volume and so much extra skin that I would be left with a B cup. Seems so tiny for my frame!

Breast lift, no implant

You could have a lift with no implant, and my choice would be to fold up your existing tissue using the LeJour technique to provide as much fullness at the top as possible. But remember, the breast has a large amount of fat in it naturally, and your new healthy lifestyle has resulted in a loss of some of that fat.

To get a full and more rounded breast, you are going to need an implant.

A lift alone usually results in a loss of 1/2 to 1 full cup size in patients like you.

Hope this helps.

2 kids and 80lbs weight loss. What size breast would I have if I want a lift?

This is only a guess but you look like you would be closer to a C cup than a B cup. My advice to patients in your situation is to get the lift only and see how you like it for 3 months, the, if you want more volume do the augmentation procedure. At least 50% of the patients are satisfied and never get implants. I think you will be in that group. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lift with fat transfer

Not sure I agree. I think with a lift you should get a nice reshaping and fuller looking breast if it's done properly. Instead of an implant, I think fat grafting would be a great way to add fullness and give you a natural augmentation. Probably would do the fat grafting after the mastopexy

so I think after mastopexy you'd be a full C or D. If still looking for volume it's easy to add! Even in the office

Cain R. Linville, MD
Houston Physician

Breast lift

The expression better is the enemy of good applies here. You very clearly stated you do not want an implant. Stick with your game plan and consider a lift only. In my experience there is a minimal decrease in size as you are removing only skin. You could always do a small implant is a little procedure if you wanted to. Hope this puts it in perspective. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast lift

Dear CC81112:

You have a number of options which will depend on your current anatomy.  Breast lift plastic surgery can improve the profile of sagging breasts, making breasts look more youthful and perky. Breast lift surgery is done to improve the profile of sagging breasts, changing their position on the body to appear more youthful. I've posted a web link to an ABC news videoclip for my preferred breast lift technique for you. We can take the volume that is sagging and reshape/reposition it into your cleavage.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Thank you for your question.  If you would like to have fuller and perkier breasts, a breast lift in combination with implants to give you that upper pole fullness would be a good option.  It's hard to predict cup size; I would focus more on the look that you want and it will be important to try on different implant sizers during your consultation.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Slight size decrease

Dear CC,

Studies show most women who have a breast lift experience a 1-2 cup decease in their breast volume. My guess would be that you would end up with a 32 D-DD final volume.

Best Wishes!

Joseph M. Woods, IV, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  A full breast lift seems to be the appropriate course of action for you.  However, keep in mind that it is nearly impossible to predict cup size prior to surgery.  Given your breast volume now, you would likely benefit from a breast augmentation with modestly-sized implants as well although you do not want them.   

Dr. Results
Miami, FL