11 weeks PostOp. Having Right sided burning shooting pain. I also have a bump that feels spongy. (photos)

TT with muscle repair, placement of Seri mesh on June 14th. On Aug 20th I experienced burning and shooting pains in my R abdomen. Pain is intermittent. Pain is worst holding my daughter who weights 20 pounds. I have since stopped. The evening of the 20th I ran my hand alongside my r abdomen & noticed a small bump. The next day it was slightly bruised. The bump feels spongy to touch. I'm afebrile. I did not experience any "pop". And don't recall injuring myself. Have appt in 2 wks c MD. Thank you

11 weeks post op

The best thing for you to do is go in and see your PS so that an exam can be done to find out what is going on.  At this point, we would all just be guessing.  Good luck!

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck problems 11 weeks aftersurgery

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.You should contact your plastic surgeon and arrange to be seen earlier than planned. Your surgeon needs to examine you to find out what is going on. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post-op concern after tummy tuck

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an exam it is impossible to advise.  Pain can be normal recovery or represent a concern.  If you were my patient I would want to see you in my office and to exam.  Good Luck.  

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (3 months post-po) the swelling has to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Good morning!I am mildly concerned about your lump and the fact that you have had a mesh onlay with your procedure.  Seri mesh is very soft and pliable and would likely not cause this in itself unless it somehow became bunched up in one spot, but it could be the sutures holding your mesh in place or a breakdown in your hernia repair.  It is highly unlikely that this is any sort of emergent health issue, but it needs to be addressed.Your best bet is a visit with your PS to be sure you are safe.I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD, FACS