How much do you have to weigh to get a Brazilian butt lift procedure?

How much should you weigh for a BBL ?

Thank you for your question. Instead of your weight, you´re better off looking at an ideal BMI and body fat percentage. The amount of fat transferred to your butt depends on the quantity available and the extent of buttock augmentation you desire. Sufficient body fat for a buttock augmentation is very patient-specific, depending on an individual’s body shape and proportions as well as their expectations. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Best BBL candidates

Rather than your absolute weight, the best indicator is actually your BMI.
I feel I can achieve the best results in patients with a BMI oscillating somewhere between 26-30. Of course individual variances apply.
Further to that, an important factor is your fat distribution.
If you have a localized deposit of subcutaneous fat going like a ring around abdomen and lower back, you could achieve a great result even with a lower BMI.
Don't forget that the butt size previous to surgery also is significant: If you have some decent size and shape prior to the procedure, the surgeon would need less fat to achieve the desired result.

Alexander Aslani, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  This is a very common concern and questions among BBL patients.  The amount of fat needed varies from patient to patient and on there desire result.  It is also more important to have the correct distribution of fat preferably in the abdomen, flanks and back to create the optimal contour.  I would suggest that you have a personal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your region who does this procedure.  At that time, he or she should be able to give you a realistic opinion of the amount of donor fat you have, the distribution and the anticipated result.  Good luck.

BBL

Hello dear, thanks for your post. Tough number. It's not necessarily the exact number that you weigh (although it is if you're too light, it's more where you're keeping it. I've had some patients come in and tell me they weigh so much, it's simply not in the right areas. What you need is pockets of fat for harvesting. Typically the flanks (waist), abdomen, thighs and back are sufficient but if you're not seeing that and continue to gain weight, you may notice the weight elsewhere. For the most part, I check that little fat pad in between those dimples on your upper middle buttock. Some have them, some don't. If you have those dimples and about 5cm of fat pocket in between the skin and the sacrum (butt bone at the base of the spine), then you're a great candidate. If you don't have that, then I'll be needing to look around all over the place for fat to graft. Not the case with everyone but def an observation I've made after having done several of these over the past couple of years. I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Ideal Measurements for Brazilian Butt Lift

Hi, and great question.

What is the minimum weight? There is no “minimum weight” required. A lot depends on the weight to height ratio and/or the amount of weight that is body fat vs muscle. In addition, the amount of fat needed for the prpcedure depends on your goals. If you want a large round butt, then more fat will be needed to get you the results you desire.
Another important part is: where is the fat located? If you are holding a significant amount of fat in the flanks/back or saddle-bag area then you are going to see an amazing transformation with this procedure regardless of your weight to height ration or the body fat percentage.
So what if we decide that you don’t have enough fat to get you the results you want? Well, you still have options:
  • Fat grafting with an Implant. The implant provides a significant amount of volume and the fat is utilized to “soften” and sculpt the butt.
  • Or Implant Only with or without liposuction.

I hope that helps.  Best of Luck!

Brazilian Butt Lift

The more important number would be either your BMI or percentage of body fat.  You want to make sure you have enough subcutaneous fat to use for fat grafting to the butt.  

John Burns, MD