Help- advice needed! Neck lipo, neck lift or chin implant? (Photo)

I hate my profile and double chin in picks and sloping neckline. What is he right procedure to get rid of it?

Neck Rejuvenation

From your photos, it appears that your submental fullness is secondary to excess fatty tissue.  If this is the case, SmartLipo of the neck area can provide you with removal of the stubborn fat causing your double chin, as well as tightening of the neck skin.  It is an excellent procedure which can be performed in the office surgery suite with local anesthesia and mild sedation.  There are other anatomic variables which will need to be examined to ensure that fatty tissue alone is the cause of your submental fullness.  I suggest an in person consultation, at which time a thorough exam and discussion can be had.  I have provided a link below.  Good Luck!

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of fullness under the chin

Thank you for your question and the accompanying photos.  From those photos, I would rule out neck lift - right off the top.  Your neck and face are much too smooth and youthful to justify so much procedure.  Necks like yours make perfect candidates for Precision Smart Lipo - an in-office procedure that will precisely target the fullness under your chin and provide a laser-induced tightening of the dermis/skin. The three tiny canula incisions are inconspicuous; and the downtime is a few days to a week.  As for a possible chin implant...that is something you will want to discuss with your board-certified cosmetic surgeon at the time of consultation; without seeing more views of your face (especially how your chin looks in relation to your nose), it is impossible to say whether a chin implant might be a good option for you...or not.  I hope you find this helpful.

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Help- advice needed! Neck lipo, neck lift or chin implant

It is difficult to say without examining you to see where the fat is on your neck. If the fat is only above the muscle, then liposuction with a chin  implant would yield  a big change. If you have fat underneath the muscles of your neck, then a neck lift with the chin implant would be a better option.

Julio Garcia, MD

Neck treatment

It looks like you would get a great result with Coolsculpting Mini, Kybella or a combination of both. It's hard to say absolutely without an exam. A surgical option could be a Cervicolplasty which is done just through a small incision beneath the chin. Good luck.

Neck lipo, neck lift or chin implant?

The most accurate answer can only be provided with the opportunity to meet you in a face-to-face setting for purposes of examining your neck area.  Reviewing your photographs suggest that you would benefit from a combination of submental liposuction and placement of a chin implant.  One without the other would probably be suboptimal but each would be helpful.  You appear to be too young to need a necklift but in my Beverly Hills practice a necklift does involve tightening of the neck muscles, reduction of fat and removal of excess skin from behind and slightly in front of the ears.

Meet with an experienced plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to discuss options and review photographs of other patients.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Neck lipo / fat transfer to the face

Great question. Yes you would benefit from submental liposuction with jaw sculpting. Fat transfer is another great adjunct treatment to this. Fat transfer allows us to taper and smooth the jowl area, treat eye/cheek bags, raise the brow, and define the malar/cheek bone area. We can not see these areas in the photo but are often discussed along with submental liposuction in my practice.  

I do not feel, at least from your photos, that you need a neck lift at this point. A neck lift treats significant skin laxity, platysmal bands and significant neck fat (adipose tissue) yours is mild.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Advice needed! neck liposuction, neck lift, or chin implant?

From the limited photographs presented, it appears that there's a  weak, recessive and narrow chin profile for which a chin implant can improve. Placement of a chin implant can accomplish augmenting the mandible. Simple liposuction in the neck can accomplish removing the fatty deposits above the platysma muscle which gives a moderate improvement. A neck lift does not involve any skin removal, just surgical removal of the fatty deposits above AND below  the platysma muscle in addition to a platysma plasty which significantly improves the jawline. For more information many examples of all three procedures, please see the link and the video below

Chin Implant, Neck Lipo or Lift?

Liposuction of the neck will definitely be beneficial. A chin implant may be helpful but I cannot be sure without a true profile view. I don't see any reason for a neck lift  in these pictures. 

Help- advice needed! Neck lipo, neck lift or chin implant?

Hi, I have performed Facelifts and Neck Lifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  From the photos your there is excess fat in front and below the cheeks, jowls are present and the chin is weak with excess fat and some skin below the chin.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

When the chin is weak chin, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.  Liposuction or a Neck Lift will not create the harmony and balance to the lower face that a chin implant would provide.  Using the same incision, under the chin, excess fat and skin can be removed from the neck.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.