Are Sculptra and Restylane fillers adequate and appropriate to place in extremely hollowed temples?

I have a temple that is very hollowed and depressed due to prior craniotomy surgery and now wish to know if sculpta and or restalyne fillers injectioins could fill in my temporal hollow or must fat grafting injections be done first to place a fat base down into the hollowed area ?

Temple Fillers -- Sculptra + Radiesse / Voluma / Lyft / Juvederm Ultra Plus

I find that sculptra plus radiesse gives the best outcome.  Please see someone experienced to treat this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Temple hollowness

Temple hollowness can be corrected very nicely with either Sculptra, if the volume loss is only moderate, or a hyaluronic acid filler, Juvéderm Voluma or Restylane Lyft, if the volume loss is more significant. I'll often do a mix-and-match with Sculptra and a filler. Rejuvenating the temples takes years off one's aged appearance, or just balances a face that's younger and not so aged.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra vs. Restylane vs. grafting

I use Sculptra frequently to correct volume loss of the temples that occurs with aging.  Sculptra is a fabulous injectable filler that stimulates the body to produce collagen and elastin in the injected area.  Restylane can be used to fill depressions in the skin.  Fat grafting may be the best option for you depending on the depth of the hollow.  It is difficult to answer this question accurately without a photograph or an in person assessment.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist in your area

Lisa Airan, MD

Temple Hollows and Sculptra

I prefer Sculptra to fill these temple hollows as it lasts up to two years after full correction and is generally safer in this area.  Best, Dr. Green

Are Sculptra and Restylane fillers adequate and appropriate to place in extremely hollowed temples

Sculptra is something a use to fill in fat loss in the temples and it works very well. There are also temporal implants that are made that might be able to correct the fat loss you have. I would suggest you explore the options with  a plastic surgeon during a consultation.

Julio Garcia, MD

Filling temples with Sculptra and HA's?

I prefer Sculptra for temples because it last a very long time in this area and is safer to administer (see link). However, for very hollow temples, this requires too much Sculptra and going with a combination of HA's with the Sculptra is appropriate. Fat is an option but not as precise as the others. You must go with a very experienced injector because there are risks with this injection, including blindness. **I just saw the prior craniotomy part, and in this case, superficial injections rather than the deeper Sculptra injections are safer.**

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Temple Filling

Sculptra (multiple treatment session), Restylane Lyft, Radiesse and Juvederm Voluma all are excellent products to use in order to restore temporal volume loss and atrophy.  With a history of prior craniotomy surgery, I would suggest that you discuss your particular case with a facial plastic & reconstructive surgery expert for their opinion.  All of the above products work well, but it just depends on the amount of product needed to give you the desired results.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon