What is the best fillers for injections to fill very hollowed temporals with little to no fat?

Is Restylane, Sculpta or some other fillers I have not mentioned best for injection to fill very hollowed temporals caused from prior cranial srugery and must a fat injection base procedure be done prior to artificial fillers?

Temporal area fillers

Sculptra can be very nice in the temporal area and the preauricular area.  This filler works differently than HA fillers and works over time.  However, Restylane could also be used in this area for a more rapid effect.

Newport Beach Dermatologist

Sculptra is best choice for temples

Sculptra is the best choice for this area because it is cost effective, long lasting and the safest thing to put in this area. Sculptra is thin enough for the doctor to draw back on syringe and berelatively certain that they are not in blood vessel. This is important for safety. Sculptra will last longer then the other fillers and cc per cc it is cheaper. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Filler for temples

It depends on whether you are having the injection placed deep along the bone or more superficially just under the skin. 
If it is deep, a thick, long lasting filler like Juvederm Voluma works great. 

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Temple Hollow

I find that Sculptra is the best injection for the temples. It has no bruising and after you have completed the treatment the results last more than two years. Best, Dr. Green

Use of fillers to treat hollowed temples

Thank you for asking your question. All the products you mention are acceptable for the treatment of your temples. It is more important that you have a doctor experienced with your particular problem perform the treatment.
Good luck,

Best filler for the temporal area

I prefer Sculptra for this area as I feel it is the safest to inject deeply, which is necessary and gives the best results.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Best temporal filler

H A fillers like plain  juvederm or restylane last 2 to 4 years in the temple. There is no advantage to using the much more expensive voluma.  Radiesse works by generating scar tissue which can increase risk for subsequent injections. You can dissolve ha fillers in case of irregularities. 

sculptra doesn't work in some people and also works by generating scar. In my opinion much better fillers are currently available. 

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Temporal hollows

Dear Racheal,

Thank you for your inquiry. I do not think you need fat injection base procedure prior to filler. Sculptra plus hyaluronic acid filler (Juvederm or Voluma) would look excellent in this area.

Good luck!
Dr. R

Morgan Rabach, MD

Temporal fillers

The absorbable fillers are fine like the HA's,  Some use radiesse, some use sculptra, and some use fat injections.  Best of luck.

Filler for temporal area

Although there are a number of fillers that can be used I prefer Radiesse. Be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and he is experienced with this treatment 

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist