Breast implants nearly 3 weeks ago and one boob is still swollen and still hurts - normal? (photos)

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

3 week discomfort?

Based on your photos it looks like you're healing well despite your continuing discomfort. I suggest you get together with your plastic surgeon and discuss ways to alleviate the pain. Massage, gaba, vibration therapy and NSAIDs work well around this period. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your continued discomfort. Swelling from surgery can cause significant discomfort and it is clear in your picture that you still have a fair amount present in your chest - it is the reason that your implants look flattened and high on your chest.   Your swelling will resolve gradually and you should see steady daily improvement.  If you have concerns about your healing process, or something has acutely changed, see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  Hope this helps.