Will the volume of my breast continue to go down? When will it stop?

Post BA 4.5 months ago. 2 kids, breast went from 32/34 B-E-C-DD-C before implants. My PS recommended that 450/550 cc HP silicone under my muscle would help best to "refill" my breast to a fuller shape. Don't get me wrong I really think my breast are beautiful! BUT!!! It is a lot more volume, then I had wanted. He said being under the muscle you usually lose about 25% of the volume, but I don't see that at all. I still feel really big and uncomfortable with the volume of my breast.

Swelling after Breast Augmentation

Most of the swelling after a breast augmentation has usually resolved within the first few weeks.  Since you are 4.5 months after surgery, I would expect minimal if any changes in breast volume.  There may be some subtle changes over the next few months but nothing dramatic.  I usually tell my patients that they will see about a 10% decrease in volume when the implants are placed under the muscle as opposed to the appearance when they are trying on sizers. If you are still uncomfortable with the volume of your breasts in another month or two, I would recommend talking with your surgeon about possibly exchanging your implants for smaller ones.

Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

I am sorry to hear about your concerns 4.5 months out of breast augmentation surgery. Although most of the changes that will occur, have likely already occurred, I would suggest that you give yourself a few more months before evaluating the outcome of the procedure performed.

I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play. You may be pleasantly surprised wants to be "drop and fluff" phenomenon has occurred.  

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.

If in the longer term, you remain concerned about breast size, you may need to discuss the option of breast implant downsizing with your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.