What is the best procedure for my uneven breasts? (Photo)

I am 5'1", 124 pounds petite. I have 2 kids, but only nursed my youngest. I'm not sure where to start as far as cc's. My goals are to have natural, moderate looking breasts that are proportionate to my body. I don't want to look too top heavy, but want some upper fullness. I recently noticed something odd going on with my right nipple as shown in the 2nd photo. (Sorry if it uploads sideways). Is it normal for my nipple to do that? Your advice and guidance is appreciated.

Breasts Implants?

Dear Ruby,

Thanks for your question.

The best procedure really depends on your goals.  A straightforward breast augmentation with silicone breast implants may be enough to address the difference in size between your breasts.  The left breast may require a lift if you want the shape of the breasts to be more similar.  You do have some drooping of your nipple.  Often an breast implant or breast lift can correct this.

Shim Ching, MD

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry treatment options

Thank you for sharing your case.
You present with breast ptosis on the left and a relatively normal postpartum breast on the right. The right nipple has some redundant lower areola as a result of decreased volume of the breast.
I would recommend:
Right breast:  Submuscular saline implant.  This will correct the nipple drooping.
Left breast:  Submuscular saline implant and circumareolar mastopexy (repair hidden around the areola).
Salne implants have the advantage of volume adjustability during surgery and even after surgery.  I perform a local procedure in the office for saline implant volume changes.  This is crucial in addressing not only the difference in size but also the difference in the procedures done on each side and healing as such.
Always find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to care for you.

Uneven breasts

Aloha Ruby,
It appears from your photos that you would probably get the best result from a lift[at least on the Left side] and implants to give you some upper fullness.
The right nipple/areola issue would probably be improved by the same procedures.

I would recommend that you see an experienced Surgeon Certified by The American Board Of Plastic Surgery[ABPS] and a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) for a consult.

Mahalo, Dr D

Kevin Dieffenbach, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Options for your breast.

Basically you have deflated and saggy breasts from having children.  To correct this depends on how perfectly even you want your nipples to sit.  Everyone has some degree of asymmetry.  Most physicians would tell you to do a breast lift.  If you scar well then that's fine but that is always the issue.  I feel if you simply try first to restore volume either with implants or fat grafting your breasts will look a lot better with just volume alone.  I use the Vectra 3D imaging system to help you pre-visualize your results before the surgery.  We may have to use different sized implants to better balance the volume difference.  For the nipple asymmetry I would simply have you support the breast differently after surgery and let gravity help even out the results.  That way you may be able to avoid doing a breast lift by utilizing this conservative approach I have been able to avoid doing a breast lift in 9/10 patients.  People in Hawaii don't always scar well.  Regarding the appearance of the right nipple you have excess skin there and often by filling the breast with volume this disappears.   The other option is to utilize the excess fat of your abdomen to fill your breast with your own fat.  I have had success in enlarging your breast 1 to 1.5 cup sizes with this technique.  Its a win win situation if you have enough fat to use. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

What proceddure is best

Thank you for your question. From pictures it look like you get benefit from lift and implants. Please consult a board certified PS in your area to discuss your concerns

What is the best procedure for my uneven breasts?

You are a good candidate for a breast augmentation with a lift. You will need more skin removed from the left to make the breast more even. The right nipple issue just looks like it is due to the looseness of the skin on the areola.

Breast Asymmetry - Augmentation options

Based on your pictures you have asymmetry between your breasts in volume and degree of ptosis (sagging). You would benefit from a lift (more on the L) to make your nipples at the same level in addition to augmentation with an implant to give you more upper pole fullness. You can absolutely achieve a natural look and I recommend discussing your implant options with a plastic surgeon in consultation. You will also want to make sure that you are up-to-date on any mammography imaging prior to breast surgery. Good luck. 

#PlasticSurgery #BreastImplants #BreastAug #Mastopexy #breastlift #Choosingimplants

Thank you for your question and photos.  You appear to be a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  I recommend that you be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon.  Be sure that you clearly communicate your surgical goals with him or her.  Because of your breast asymmetry, I would suggest a lift of the left breast with implants in both.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Thank you for your question(s)! An in-person consultation is always needed before performing surgery because pictures can be deceiving due to lighting and shadows.

Now with CC size, when you do your consultation your BSPS should take your measurements and have you try on some implants to see which size you like the best. After finding what you like he/she would choose an implant that would best fit your frame for the CC chosen. 

It is common after nursing to be a bit more asymmetrical and this can be corrected to the best outcome with either a larger implant on one side, a lift on one side or a mix of the two. Your BSPS will give you his or her recommendations to give you the best possible outcome.  

As for your nipple, I am unsure as to what you are referring to. Is it the slight amount of creasing on the lower part of your areola? During your in person consultation be sure to point this out and explain what it used to look like before. There are many nipple correction procedures. 

I wish you the best of luck and I hope this helped! 

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breasts

Based on your photos, although a face to face consultation will best determine the most effective approach, I would suggest a lift on one or both sides to create more symmetric breasts. Please know that sometimes this helps better disguising the unevenness, but doesn't make them perfect. Surgeons will often relate to breasts in general as being "sisters not twins" and in your case your breasts are more like "cousins" meaning they are very different from one another. I suggest that you visit multiple board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options. Best of Luck.