I'm looking for procedure recommendations and what doctor might be able to help me? (Photos)

I want a more feminine face. But I'm not sure what procedure I'm looking for. One side of my jaw is very prominate and masculine. The other is narrow and flat. My chin is long and really pointy. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Doctor Answers 4

Facial feminization

We have to see if the prominence of the left side is caused by muscle hypertrophy or bone prominence. This can be easily seen with a 3D CT scan or physical exam. In case of muscle hypertrophy Botox can be used to reduce the mass of the muscle, vs bone contouring if the mandible bone is more prominent. A chin reduction would definitely help, however keeping the chin somewhat pointy and not making is square is important to maintain and increase your feminine appearance- I would definitely address its size but I like its shape.

Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

Jaw asymmetry with a long pointy chin and how to feminize your face.

Based on looking at your pictures I think what stands out to me is your chin and the Highlight that it brings to your face. I think a chin reduction would obviously be one thing that would markedly feminize your face. Although I can't see your full face in its entirety, I get a sense that your upper lip maybe a little long from the bottom of your nose to the top of your lip and reducing this could markedly feminize your face is well. For your masculine part of your jaw you can get a jaw reduction. You should know that this procedure is quite invasive. The other way would be to balance it out by adding volume to the other side of your jaw in addition. I think that you could add volume to your cheeks in the front of your cheeks as well and this could help make your face look more v shaped

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 84 reviews

Which side is your favorite?

You could either reduce the more prominent side of your jaw or augment the weaker side.  Augmentation with a filler would be very simple, but an implant would last longer.  Chin reduction is also a common procedure that can be performed through and incision under the chin, or, in someone your age, through an incision inside of the mouth. 

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

Chin reduction for over projected chin?

A chin reduction will improve and feminize your face. This procedure removes excess bone through a small incision under the chin. See a very experienced surgeon who does this procedure. 

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.