Is it normal to be very bruised like this, I'm worried! (photos)

Is it normal to be very bruised like this? Do I need to worry? I saw my PS last Friday 7/8 and he said it's ok I'll see him again on Wednesday 7/13 what will I gonna ask him? I'm still taking pain medication and muscle relaxer religiously, do I need to worry?

Hello,Thank you for your question and photos. You certainly demonstrate a lot of bruising however if you are following up closely with your Plastic Surgeon this is the best way to rule out anything unusual. You should expect to gradually see this resolve over the next 2-3 weeks. Sometimes bruising will shift downward and spread with gravity/pressure from garments so don't be alarmed if you see that, but do let your Plastic Surgeon know If bruising, pain, or firmness increase. All the best

Excessive bruising

It appears as though you do have excessive bruising but is typically not anything to worry about, especially because you recently saw your surgeon. Close follow up is important to ensure timely resolution of the bruising to make sure that there are no other issues or concerns that your surgeon may have. Best wishes,Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Is it normal to be very bruised like this, I'm worried!

It is not abnormal to bruise after augmentation/mastopexy.   It appears the bruising is resolving under the breast and slightly more on the upper abdomen.   That is the usual course of bruising, it tends to migrate before it resolves.   From what I see from your photos it does not appear to be problematic at this time but your surgeon will be the best one to decide as he/she will examine you.   Make sure you keep your appt with your surgeon for tomorrow.   Follow your surgeon's post-op instructions.

More than normal

I think your bruising is more than the average after breast augmentation surgery.  Your surgeon will help you distinguish between intra capsular bleed and extra capsular bleed.  If he felt ok at you first visit, you probably will do just fine.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question and the photos.Unfortunately some people bruise more than others, although you have a lot of bruising it does not look problematic from your photos. Bruising always looks worse before it gets better, I'm sure it will settle soon. Make sure you follow the post surgery advice of your plastic surgeon.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon