Midface lift / brow lift starts to droop with age will the right higher side catch up with the left side lower side?

I had a upper and lower eyelid surgery with endoscopic brow lift and mid face lift. I now have my right eye large than the left eye. My left eyelid he removed too much fat. My face is asymmetrical now. Please advise. Thank you

Asymmetrical healing

Without knowing when you had your surgery, impossible to give you any kind of accurate information. Asymmetrical healing is totally common. One side will often be more swollen than the other. It can take anywhere from 6 months to a year for the swelling to fully subside. Assuming that you haven't met the 6 month mark, be patient. If, at that time, you are still unhappy with your results then schedule an appointment to see your surgeon. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Midface Lift

Thank you for your question.  At 5 days post-operative, you will still have a considerable amount of swelling.  It will take some time for this all to resolve.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon, as well, as only he/she knows exactly what happened during your procedure.  Without before and after photographs, it is difficult to tell exactly what is causing your concerns.  However, I do believe that with time, the swelling will resolve, and the asymmetry should improve.I hope that this helps!-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry following mid facelift/ brow lift

Hi, Tyra.  It's not really possible to give you good information about your case without seeing pictures or knowing more specifics about your case.  It can take months for all the swelling to subside (and longer for a mid- face lift usually) and longer for scar tissue to mature.  We also look for pre- existing asymmetry that could affect the end result.  If you still have some swelling, then as that side or that part of the face has more time to heal, it will start to look more symmetric.  If too much fat was removed on one side and the other side has completely healed, then the asymmetry will not improve.  If this is the case then one of the options would be to restore more volume to the side that had too much removed.  It's not really possible to tell though without being able to see the result.  I would recommend following up with your surgeon and/ or seeing a few board certified plastic surgeons who have a lot of experience with facial plastic surgery.  Best wishes.

Mid-face and brow lifts - what will happen as I age?

Thank you for asking about your mid-face and brow lifts.
  • If too much fat was removed from one upper lid, your face is unlikely to self-correct in time.
  • Generally it is better to have fat transplanted to the eye if there is significant hollowing
  • But without before/after comparison photos, one can't know if this advice is right for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Replacement

Obviously without pictures its impossible to say what might have gone on but if fat has been removed it can certainly be put back or be replaced.  Ask your operating surgeon as I am sure they would want to know you are not perfectly happy. Hope that helps. Adam Goodwin