Male breast Reduction surgery cost specific 2016? (Photos)

Hi realself I currently live in Hawaii and am searching for price range for my current situation that I had for a few years now which is gynecomastia. I went to my primary care physician and did numerous test to figure out what is going on with my body. Hospital said procedure would be 22,000. I was in disbelief and didn't know what to do next. So I found this site and did some reading etc. I'll post some pictures and see if anyone can lend a helping hand. Thank you This is only right side.

Cost for gynecomastia correction

Thanks for your question.  The cost for this type of procedure varies, but $22k is very high.  Having an elective procedure like this done in a hospital will dramatically increase the costs.  Most plastic surgeons on Oahu have their own certified operating rooms in their offices and are able to control the costs much more effectively.  I recommend you set up consultations with some board certified plastic surgeons on Oahu, let them examine you and discuss the procedure, look at their before and after photos and then choose the surgeon you are most comfortable with.

Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia costs

Thanks for your inquiry, I'm not surprised at the sticker shock you got from the hospital quote.  The RealSelf forums have an easy way to find average costs for every procedure.  Search for "gynecomastia costs" and you will see a 96% satisfaction rating and average cost of $5.5K.  Most of these procedures are done in ambulatory surgery centers and not in hospitals for obvious financial reasons.  Best to seek out a couple of qualified plastic surgeons for consultation and get more specific quotes as you research this further.

Male breast Reduction surgery cost specific 2016?

I am sorry to hear about the concerns your chest wall appearance have caused you. When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many "variables" involved.  The specific surgeon's credentials/ experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider ... are some of the potential available involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.  Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferable speak / see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making.  you will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different "specializes" who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Best wishes.

Cost varies,but results are more impotent .The better the surgeon,the higher the cost.($6000-$20000 for the most difficult cases

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Estimated Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average #cost of #gynecomastia surgery can vary widely. #Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment. 
Costs will also vary with geographic location.  Estimated costs can be found here on, or