Had lipo and BA 3 days ago. Woke up in the middle of the night with nausea and vomiting. Is that normal?

Nausea 3 days after surgery

I would call you physician office for sure. I would want to know. It could just be from your pain medicines, or not eating along your antibiotics. Sometimes my clients need their antibiotics changed if they upset their stomach. Hopefully it passed quickly but definitely alert your surgeon in case you need to be seen. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - nausea and vomiting 3 days later

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.

• Nausea and vomiting 3 days after elective surgery are not usual.
  • It may be from taking too many narcotics medicines -
  • But one cannot be sure without knowing all the details.
  • Please contact your surgeon to be seen. 
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Nausea after Liposuction and Breast Augmentation

Several scenarios may cause nausea after surgery, including taking antibiotics or pain medications on an empty stomach, or wearing a compression garment that becomes too tight, especially if there is the usual increased swelling starting at 3 days post op, etc. 

If none of these scenarios seem applicable, and the nausea and vomiting continue, I would definitely see your surgeon or go to the E.R. for evaluation.

Best of Luck!

Windell Davis Boutte, MD

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Nausea and Vomiting After Liposuction

I suggest you speak to your physician.  It is normal to have dizziness, tiredness, nausea and mild vomiting but nothing major after liposuction.  If this is severe or continues I suggest going to the ER or speaking to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question. In short, I would say that nausea and vomiting at 3 days post-op would not be considered "normal." Because of this, I would recommend you contact your plastic surgeon as soon as possible to discuss the issue and possibly be evaluated. It may be a chance occurence, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan as this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon