I had my transconjunctival surgery done on 15 July 2016. Today it's my 2nd week exactly. Getting worried and depressed? (Photos)

Seem to traded one problem for another, first few days my lower lids look fine guess was due to the swelling,now at 2 weeks my right eye seems to be over corrected with too much fat removed it seems to have sinked in, the right side still have a bulge of bag. I seems to feel all of the swellings have most subsided. so worried the dent will continue to sink in further.do you think I should wait longer to see the final results. Will the depression at the left eye be better? Or will it get worse?

Healing after lower eyelid surgery

Two weeks after lower eyelid surgery is way too early to make the assessment of the outcome. I understand it is sometimes not easy but rest assured your lower eyelid will look much improved over time.

Overcorrection after lower bleph

It will take 3-4 months for all the swelling to go away, so you are still very early in the healing process. Hollowing after lower blepharoplasty surgery can be treated with filler injections and I often use fillers postoperatively in my patients to optimize surgical results. Under eye fillers usually last several years, so there is excellent longevity with this approach. Other surgeons prefer to transpose fat, but I find that filler injections are much more predictable and produce better results in most patients.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Transconjunctival lower eyelid healing expectations

It is very common to have situations like you're after your lower eyelid blepharoplasty (fat removal).  Being Asian you have a healthy about of soft tissue around the area operated on.  Two weeks is very early and you have a long way to go to see your final result.  Often times you will see a slight bulge where the fat pad was.  That usually is swelling and collagen that has grow over the area where the fat was removed.  With the passing weekends and even months this should all improve.  That being said follow up with your surgeon and ask for guidance.
Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks after surgery

With this type of surgery, it's important to be patient to see the final results - 2 weeks post op is still early. Your concerns are relatively common and not anything to worry about. Also, remember that the scars will heal in the coming weeks and months, so the whole process is more like a marathon than a sprint to the finish line. You should be quite satisfied with your results in the long run. If you feel concerned over your progress, I would suggest booking an appointment with your plastic surgeon as he/she would be the best person to provide you with accurate information on your healing progress.

Good luck!

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post

Thanks for your question.  At two weeks after your surgery it is too difficult to tell what your outcome will be.  If your surgery consisted solely of fat removal I would be concerned that the other facets of your lower eyelid aging were not addressed. I typically remove minimal fat but transpose most of it to fill the tear trough, the depression under your eye that you still appear to have. There is a ligament in this area which also is beneficial to to release. In addition some skin removal and canthopexy is usually beneficial to tighten the lower eyelid. If your problems persist, I would suggest that these additional surgical maneuvers are necessary to provide you with the best results.  Aloha, Shim Ching, MD

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon