I am curious as to what size and profile silicone implant would be best given my concerns and wishes. (photos)

-I am 26 years old -I am a transwomen and have been on hormones for 2 years and my breast still continue to grow. -I fit a 36D push up with about 1.5'' of gapping at the top -I am active (former wrestler/marathon runner), I also enjoy hiking and swiming and wish to continue this -I want them to look just a little larger than natural and full -I am 5'6 and 170lbs -My mother is a naturally full 38DD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is hard to accurately recommend what CC’s you should get based on photographs. But I usually recommend high profile Sientra implants, under the muscle, to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, at my office we use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix  is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants. Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BEST IMPLANT SIZE AND SHAPE

Considering your anatomy and the final volume desired, I see two options. If you are OK with just "a little larger", then probably 500 cc would be great, round, hight profile. If on the other hand as you describe in your desired Cup size (D), then I would suggest 600 or 650 cc (also round and high profile). 

Over the muscle is usually better for FTM patients and they do very well. 

I hope that the answer was useful. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon