Where do HA fillers attract water from?

I understand that HA fillers work (at least in part) by attracting water from surrounding tissues. Since fillers are injected deeply into or under the skin, I'm wondering, where does that attracted water come from, exactly? If it does indeed attract water from surrounding tissues, is it possible those surrounding tissues could end up dehydrated or damaged in the long run? Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. :)

HA fillers and water

Great question!  HA fillers do attract water to themselves and the water comes from the surrounding tissue.  The tissues of your body are constantly supplied with nutrients (including water) by blood and lymphatic systems. The amount of filler used in the face is small and so the water is easily and quickly replaced.

Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon