BBL and mommie package and military women.

Has anyone has a BBL or a mommie package done that is in the military? I'm kind of curious how it works? How long is recovery for the BBL vs the mommie package? I have seen a lot of pictures of the mommie package, does it always leave such a big scar? What exactly is it?

More information about a Mommy makeover

• Improved Post-Pregnancy Changes
  • Outpatient and Non-Surgical Procedures
  • Staged Approach to Minimize Risk and Maximize Results
Pregnancy and motherhood are wonderful and exciting times in a woman's life. Many women, however, will experience unwanted permanent physical changes that are not always desirable. All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies, affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the "mommy makeover". Follow the links to more detailed information on each procedure.

I have attached a link and a video with additional information

Mommy Makeover to Include TT & BBL

Thank you for your question about Mommy Makeover.

Yes, a Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL can be included in a Mommy Makeover which would likely include a Tummy Tuck.  It is the tummy tuck which leaves the longest scar.

To see if this is right for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Dr Derby

The Brazilian butt lift has a recovery time of about 7 days and the mommy makeover we recommend having at least 2 weeks off from work. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy makeover and BBL

Dear Red4,

Thanks for your question.

We do perform both BBLs and Mommy Makeovers routinely for military moms.  The ideal way to schedule these procedures is to perform the BBL first, then the Mommy Makeover.

The BBL procedure requires the harvesting of fat from the body and often the fat that needs to be removed during the tummy tuck of the Mommy makeover can be used for this procedure.  After ideally 8 weeks, we would proceed with the Mommy Makeover which consists of a breast augmentation or breast lift and the tummy tuck.

Aloha,

Shim Ching, MD

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

BBL and mommie package and military women

Aloha red4,
You ask some very good questions, but hard to answer briefly.It would be best for you to visit an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for an in-depth consultation to review your options. Mahalo, Dr D

Kevin Dieffenbach, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

BBL vs mommy makeover

In a Brazilian buttlift the recovery time is about 7 days and for my mommy makeover patients (tummy tuck in combo with a breast procedure), I recommend taking at least 2 weeks off from work.  It would be best to discuss with your PS when you go in for your consultations. 

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over via the military

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • The tummy leaves a long scar because it has to remove a lot of skin.
  • Its length varies with what is needed.
  • It removes excess skin, tightens loose muscle and removes excess fat in the upper abdomen and flanks - the effect is to restore a woman's shape after babies or major weight loss.
  • A mommy make-over is breast surgery done with a tummy tuck - the breast surgery varies with what is needed.
  • The military at some hospitals does offer cosmetic procedures but you will have to contact your base to find out the details.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS