When should I make an appointment?

I just gave birth to my last kid Monday (2/16/15) I want to know when is a good time to make an appointment. I plan on getting a tummy tuck and areola reduction.

Mommy Ma

It is my pleasure to answer your question. I recommend you to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon 3 months after birth. Then you can plan surgery for august 2015.

Mommy Makeover After Last Child

Congratulations!
While it is too soon for an evaluation right now, it is fine to start planning ahead. You can even make an appointment in the future, if it helps you to work toward that goal!
Are you breastfeeding? I recommend waiting at least 3 months after your milk has dried up completely before undergoing any breast surgery.
You will want to wait for your hormone levels to even out and for the skin to start to tighten back up before considering surgery. Everyone's body is different on this timeline. For the best results, it is best to be within about 5 lbs of your goal weight before undergoing surgery as well.

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

When to Schedule a Mommy Makeover

It's suggested to wait at least 6 months after pregnancy to undergo a Mommy Makeover. Additionally, your weight should also be stable for at least 6 months.
#Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.  Most importantly, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures included with a Mommy Makeover. . Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.  Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Scheduling a mommy makeover after pregnancy.

As soon as breast-feeding is complete I would schedule a consultation. Collecting information in scheduling will take several weeks.

Planning mommy make-over

Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.

• Congratulations on your new baby.
  • Give yourself 3 months or more to recover your energy and your figure.
  • Then have a consultation.
  • It is best to have surgery no earlier than 6 months - because your figure will continue to change during the first six post-partum months.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover Ideal Time

First and foremost, congratulations!

Ideally when you make an appointment to see a plastic surgeon following delivery of a child, you have returned to close to your pre-pregnancy body weight and tone. It may take up to six months or longer for your body to regain some tone and to lose extra pounds. Additionally, your breasts will be engorged from pregnancy and remain so if you are breast feeding. Waiting 6 months following termination of breast feeding will allow your breasts to return to a pre-pregnancy state and allow your plastic surgeon to safely and accurately plan an optimal result.

Carlin Vickery, MD

Post pregnancy

You should wait at least 6 months post pregnancy before concidering any form of elective surgery. Congratulation and good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover timing

Congratulations on your new family member!!

For the mommy makeover, you want to be at least 6 months out from either the date of your delivery, or when you stopped breast feeding, whichever is later, to have the surgery.

You could make your appointment a month or so prior to that time, if desired.

Planning your Mommy Makeover

Congrats on your recent new addition!  It is always a good idea to plan ahead and start your research early.  There are so many variables to consider when looking at getting your body back, it just makes sense to speak with several qualified surgeons for ideas, options, and information to help you find the right strategy.  As my other colleagues have mentioned, work on the breasts can safely be done several months after the hormonal changes from breastfeeding have stabilized.  The physiologic impact on the tummy tuck should be considered in how it will affect your mothering activities as you will need some assistance and deserve proper time to recover.  Consider busy surgeon calendars may be booked many months ahead, so it's never too early to make an appointment for your consultation.

When should I make an appointment?

If you have just given birth, give yourself time to heal and allow your body to return to normal.  I would suggest waiting at least 3 to 6 months before considering a mommy makeover procedure.  If you are breast feeding,  wait a least 2 to 3 months after you have finished breast feeding before considering the surgery.  You could see your plastic surgeon prior to this time, but give things time to settle before having the surgery.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon