Treatment for 2-year Old Hypertrophic Scars?

I hv 3 small 2-yr old hypertrophic scars on my chin. They'r originally small bumpy acne scars. After a yr of the acne scar, I had a treatment to flatten them. I don't know the treatment name in English (I'm from HK), they used sth similar to laser to burn the scars. I only had to hv the treatment once, then I let the wounds heal. Now 2 yrs later the scars a still here, maybe even a bit bigger in size than before. The color is same as my skin, or a bit lighter. What's the best way to remove them?

Doctor Answers 2

Treating hypertrophic scars on the face and body

I treat hypertrophic scars with a combination of IIT, laser, and pressure management and have found this strategy highly successful in my LA practice. 

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Treatment for two year old scars

Without seeing you or a picture of your scars, it's impossible to know what treatment might be helpful.  Sometimes hypertrophic scars can be improved with a steroid injection.  Sometimes, they can be surgically excised.  I'm not sure if you would be a candidate for either treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.