Breast lift with breast revision surgery?
Doctor Answers 1
Bottoming out - can I have a larger implant
Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation revision.
- Implants do not generally bottom out because they are above the muscle -
- They bottom out because either the breast crease was released or was weak to start with.
- You will need repair of the breast crease to correct bottoming out.
- You may not need an additional breast lift.
- Generally larger implants are not placed because of the pressure they put on the crease repair but without an examination, it is not possible to say exactly what can be done and what is needed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.