I feel like my gums are too big. Do I have a receded gum? What can be done if I do have that? (photos)

Gummy Smile Correction

Hi there, thank you for your question and for submitting your photo. From your photo I don't feel like you have too big of gums and I don't see that you have gum recession. You are undergoing braces and this process does create a lot of swelling to the gums. Just by changing the position of your teeth, there are a lot of changes that your gums undergo. You must be patient and allow the treatment of the braces to be completed so you can have a smile enhancement evaluation by a periodontist. At this point in time, you look great! Good luck!