I see the lips I want and wonder if my idea is unrealistic or not? (photos)

I see the kind of lips I want and wonder if my idea is unrealistic. I have been thinking about lip injections for quite some time. The shape of my lips right now bothers me and the thinness of my top lip too.

Lip Fillers

You seem like an excellent candidate for lip injections.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. In my professional experience, it is possible to consistently gain better symmetry and overall shape of lips with injection of hyaluronic acid lip fillers as it allows you to completely reverse the results if you do not like them.  While these are temporary (lasting about 6 months) they are quick, simple and have minimal pain or down time. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with dermal filler and hyaluronic acid cosmetic injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

I see the lips I want and wonder if my idea is unrealistic or not?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Adding volume and correcting asymmetries of the lips is possible with the use of dermal fillers, and can be adjusted to meet your desired goals/outcome. See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best treatment option.  I tend to recommend to patients the hyaluronic acid based family of fillers such as juvederm ultra plus.  Hope this helps.

Lip injection enhance the overall look

Lip injections are great! I think if you feel that you want the lips on the right side of those pictures it is realistic to expect that you could get those. It may take one or two sessions to accomplish that. I frequently don't like to over inject the lip because it takes time for the lip to take shape. When you choose a physician make sure you choose somebody who has a lot of experience in 

An expert injector can mimic fix lip asymmetries and mimic any lip shape desired, as long as it suits your face. Please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Filler to the Lips

Hello, thank you for your question...depending on what your expectations are, you seem to be a perfect candid for filler to the lips. Having a filler, such as, Juvederm Ultra (a hyaluronic acid base filler), to your lips would help give you a more youthful and rejuvenated look. Consult a physician and obtain a professional opinion to see if he/she can accomplish your desires. Best of luck to you!

Peter H. Grossman, MD, FACS

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants (cheek, chin) for over 30 years. From the photos, your lips are a bit thin and can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced.

Hope this helps.

Lip filler

Thank you for the pictures.  As I've mentioned before, I find that there are three important things when looking at lips and what you want to accomplish - definition, volume, and hydration.  This is oversimplified, but you get the main idea - there is no "one magic injection".  When looking at your pictures, there is a bit of lip asymmetry, certain areas need slightly more volume than others.  Certainly filler is a great way to address your concerns.  It is important to note that there are different products that work differently due to their inherent properties - I personally like restylane silk or juvederm ultra as first time fillers for the lips.  They each have their pros and cons, but overall, they have a soft consistency which will keep your lips feeling natural, you will not get big "duck lips" from them, and you can place it in different areas of the lip to naturally enhance and address the areas of concern.  The bad thing is that it is not permanent - but sometimes thats also one of the good things as well! You would do well.  Just make sure that when you go see your injector you address your concerns such that they can walk you through the process.  Make sure that what you want and need are the same goal - but more importantly, that it will fit your face and be aesthetically pleasing.  best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon