Not healing fast? (Photos)

I had breast lift surgery on 9/12/16 , it has pass one month and a week , but there are to parts of the wound that have not healed . I dont have pain, it doesnt have bad odor. How long until this part close completely ? What should i put on it to help heal faster ? Thanks

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Not Healing fast After Lift

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

Eat more and use antibiotic ointment

I would show it to your plastic surgeon.  If you were my patient, I would have you put antibiotic ointment on it and recommend a high protein diet.  If you are cutting calories, you will heal slower.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Not healing fast after breast lift surgery?

Thank you for your question.  The small areas of delayed healing are common after breast lift surgery.  You should be following up closely with your plastic surgeon.  Healing can be improved and new skin covering these areas with proper wound care which usually involves dressing changes and topical antibiotic ointment.  Please see your plastic surgeon for advice.

Healing after a breast lift

You certainly do have delayed healing. Some of this may be due to a reaction to the sutures. You should follow your plastic surgeon's instructions as far as wound care. Soapy water and a simple dressing will often keep the area clean to allow your body to eventually heal this up. You will probably be surprised to see how your body not only heals the wounds, but producers a usually tolerable scar.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Not healing fast?

If using ONLY local wound care at least another month to see full healing. There are external therapies and injections to help speed up the re epithialization process. Which can be discussed in an unperson evaluation..

Not healing fast

Thanks for the question and pictures.  It is common to have small areas of "delayed healing" after breast lift and reduction along the suture lines.  Both of these wounds appear to be clean without any signs of infection.  I recommend my patients to keep the wounds moist with aquaphor ointment (antibiotic ointment generally not needed and sometimes can irritate if used for prolonged periods), and then cover with a small bandaid or gauze to protect the wounds from irritation.  These should heal well, and I would stay in contact with your surgeon.  Hope that helps, have a blessed day!

Soumo Banerji, MD
Pasadena Physician