Torn suture and infection. (photos)

9 days ago I had revision surgery. Implants replaced from over the muscle to under the muscle, I had a little amount of scar tissue. I also had a breast lift. I have really bad pain and a tender right breast. I have a little wound and think I've torn an internal suture? The pain is in my right breast, sternum, right ribs ,side and back. My GP thinks I've got an infection but I'm more concerned on how to fix the little open wound I have ?

Possible infection

You should be seeing your plastic surgeon, not your GP.  He needs to assess whether an infection is present.  If one breast is much larger, red, and tender, then it is very possible that there is an infection, and you would need to be placed on antibiotics right away.  Your pictures of the wound are all out of focus so it is hard to tell what is going on there.

Multiple issues

1. Changing your implants to under the muscle is going to cause you some discomfort along your muscle and sternum. Its going to be more painful that your previous surgery which didn't involve muscle stretching. Pain in one breast out of proportion to the other isn't the norm so...see number 3 below.

2. Its normal to have some redness along the bottom of your breast related to dressings, inflammation from the surgery and gravity. You could have torn a suture and that alone isn't catastrophic. 

3. No offense to your GP but he/she isn't the person who should tell you whats up. Go see your surgeon and get the answer. 

good luck.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Torn suture and infection after revisionary breast surgery...

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after revisionary breast surgery. The T junction area, after breast lifting surgery, can be  relatively problematic.  This area is prone to diminished blood flow and/or separation, related to the breast lifting incisions and tension in the area.  Drainage is commonly seen in the area. These wounds go on to heal through a process of contraction where the tissues heal from the sides towards the center of the wound; this process usually takes several days-weeks to occur, depending on the size of the wound. Occasionally, removal of unhealthy tissue (debridement) and/or removal of exposed sutures, may expedite the healing process.   

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and advice.  Hopefully you can see him/her soon. Until then, keep the area covered with a sterile dressing ( I recommend non stick dressings covered by a sterile pad). Best wishes.