How to fix these horrible implants? (photos)

I have 385cc saline over muscle round moderate plus implants. I have a massive gap between my implants and they are have moved into a weird position, they are like balls on my chest. when I lay down they separate. I really hate them. I want to get them redone. what would the best type of implant be to fix them and do I need a lift? and could I get an areola reduction if I got the implants redone?

Doctor Answers 5

#Subglandular saline breast implants don't serve thin women well

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question and pics.  Your observations are duly noted.  Agree you should consider implant revision: 1. Choose silicone gel implants, whose "footprints" match or are slightly narrower than your chest diameter; 2. Discuss with your PS whether you will need additional procedures, such as biological mesh (acellular dermal matrix) to support the implant, laterally.  Alternatively, fat grafting may be suggested to "thicken" the lower outer aspect, to camouflage implant palpability and visible wrinkling.  Difficult to determine whether you will need a lift, much depends on the characteristics of the implant you and your PS choose but areolar reduction would certainly be feasible.  Be courageous, do your homework and communicate well so you get the results you desire.  Good luck

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 59 reviews

Over to under and saline to silicone for more natural results

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your saline implants appear to be overfilled, which is a common practice to minimize ripples but can make them appear unnaturally round regardless of profile. For a more natural shape and feel, the best option is to go under muscle and switch to silicone implants of a profile that matches the breast diameter in the size you want.

Richard Baxter, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 59 reviews

How to fix these horrible implants?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question.  Sorry to hear about your results.  It would be better to place the implant under the muscle in a dual plane position in order to have a more gradual transition at the implant border.  An areola reduction can be done at the same time with a circumareolar mastopexy.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Rippling of implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
 In my experience, sub glandular saline implants in thin women do not work. From your photographs, I would recommend redoing your breasts with a  doughnut type mastopexy to make the areola smaller and switch you to duel  plane silicone gel implants, of which my recommendation would be an implant that is wider than it is tall such as the Sientra  oval based shaped implant. This will narrow the space between your breasts better than around employment. Find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your region with experience in breast revision is recommended. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS
Louisville Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 58 reviews

How to fix these horrible implants?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Although   definitive advice would require in person evaluation, I would likely recommend conversion to the sub muscular (dual plane) position, the use of silicone gel breast implants, areola reduction surgery, and possibly the use of acellular dermal matrix for additional lower breast pole support as well.  If you do decide to undergo this type of surgery, make sure that your plastic surgeon has a significant/demonstrable experience helping patients with this type of revisionary breast surgery.
You may find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.