I'm looking to get a Breast reduction to only one breast. My breasts are noticeably uneven. Any suggestions?

I'm 19 going on 20 and my left boob is a C whereas my right is closer to a D. I'm fairly happy with the smaller breast which is why I'm looking just to reduce the one. I do not like the idea of a potential scar. I am also a college student so a lot of downtime is not optimal. I'm looking for my best and most cost effective option.

Breast Reduction Unilateral

Yes, a breast reduction can safely be performed on only one side of the breast.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

One sided Breast reductions can be preformed on patients who qualify. If you are worried about scarring there are a few different ways to preform the procedure where the incision is in different areas. As for the downtime for the surgery it is possible to get the procedure done during a break from school. To get more information i would come in for an in office consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon.

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Breast reduction- unilateral (one side only)

One should wait until breasts are fully developed and at the same size for several years prior to breast reduction. Unilateral or one side breast reductions may be performed in appropriate candidates.  There is always some down time with surgery; in good medical candidates college break time should be sufficient.

Photos for advices

Thanks for the question.Send your photos to us to give you the advices you want and need of what procedure you need.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

I'm looking to get a Breast reduction to only one breast. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question.  No online reviewer can make a diagnosis or treatment recommendation without an examination and full medical history.  I would start with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. During the consult you and the surgeon should be understanding of the goals and realistic outcomes of your choices. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Consultation

Without examining you, it will be difficult to come up with alternatives that make much sense. You should consider seeing a few surgeons in person to see what options might be possible for you.Techniques vary quite a bit here and not everyone does all of them. 
Best Regards,
John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Unilateral breast reduction

It comes down to your goals. Liposuction may be able to reduce the larger breast but the question of nipple heights and symmetry of the breasts could remain nevertheless.  Best and most cost effective may be mutually inconsistent.  See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss appropriate optiions for you.

Breast reduction

Liposuction of the breast may be reasonable if the breast is fatty and not mainly firm glandular tissue.  The lipo will not lift the breast up if it is saggy.

Scarless breast reduction

This can be the ideal situation for a liposuction only reduction. No visible scar and virtually no downtime. Find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in this particular type of procedure and look into it. Good luck.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon