Tummy tuck. Am I a candidate? (Photo)

Really confused schedule on September to have Breast lift with implants and considering having a TT I'm 39 work out 6days a week have 2 kids 4&8 1 birth was c-section. No matter what i do my pouch will never go down i know i want a tighter but not sure if i want the scar am i a candidate for a full TT or mini.

Tummy tuck. Am I a candidate?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Congratulations on maintaining an impressive figure after your two pregnancies.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination it does not appear that you have skin excess warranting a full or mini tummy tuck.  Liposuction can be performed to help with your waistline and stomach appearance if there is excess fat, but if your lower pouch is the result of separated or loose muscles the only way at repairing them would involve placing scars along your lower abdomen and belly button which may not be acceptable.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your desired goals and to discuss the best treatment option to obtain them.  Hope this helps.

Tummy tuck. Am I a candidate?

Thank you for your question. Does not look like you have excess skin. Based on the picture you are a good candidate for lipo. It can be done at the time of your breast procedure. Please talk to your PS and ask for evaluation

Dr Derby

I think you already will be fine with a Lipo on the tummy and waist...... for sure you will be able to get great results ! Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

I think you need your muscles plicated but not a formal tummy tuck

You are in great shape and don't have enough skin for a formal tummy tuck.  I think your options are one of three things:

1. Plication or your muscles back to midline to correct your rectus diastasis (which is a major component of a tummy tuck but doesn't remove excess skin- which you don't really have).  You could have some excess skin and tissue below your belly button removed, but none gets removed above your belly button.  Your contour up there improves by flattening your muscles and foundation.

2. What's called an umbilical float tummy tuck which allows your muscles to be plicated, any small amount of excess skin removed and tightened and your belly button ends up slightly lower than it is now (yours is pretty perfect right now- trade-off is no scar around your belly button or vertical scar in your midline- see below)

3. Formal tummy tuck with muscle plication and removal of as much tissue needed (not as much as possible because that's when tummies start looking "operated on" and not right) and bringing your belly button through new area in skin.  You do not have enough loose skin (even after plication of your muscles) to get all the skin between your belly button and C-section scar out.  That means you will have a vertical scar in your midline.

Any of these options are available to you.  As you can see, each has its pros and cons.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon that delivers beautiful tummy results.  Hope this helps.

-JGH

Tummy tuck. Am I a candidate?

You look to be in excellent shape.  I do not see excess loose skin that would require a tummy tuck.  If you have a small amount of fat that is bothering you laser liposuction might be a better option.