Will tradition Liposuction help remove actual pounds of fat?

I am a petit 5'ft female. My normal weight is usually 135-138. I gained like 20 something pounds, putting me at 158 due to a new medication I was placed on. I didn't like the weight gain so I stop the meds. Create a Meal plan, workout regiment and I lost 20 pounds and now I weight 137. My thighs are still fatty even though I work out vigorously. Will traditional liposuction help remove some of the fat.

Yes! But best to seek IN PERSON opinions from boarded Plastic Surgeons in South Florida, there are over 80+ of us....

Lipo and fat removal

Yesliposuction can be used to remove excess fatty tissue.Again it is always best to be at your ideal weight. 

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is designed to improve shape and remove unwanted bulges. Liposuction will not change your overall body fat content. The best way to determine if you are a good candidate for liposuction, is to find a board certified plastic surgeon and allow them to evaluate your concerns and actual physical findings.
Liposuction modalities are less important than the person performing the sculpting.
Good luck!

Robert M. Freund, MD

Liposuction is really not a weight loss procedure.

Liposuction will reduce some weight by the removal of fat. This is usually not a lot by way of pounds in patients that are good candidates however.

It all depends. Liposuction was nver meant as a procedure to lose weight. In large volume liposuction, therecan be significant weight loss. However, I don't feel that's true in your case. What you can expect is an improvement in the contour of the area. Good luck

Thigh liposuction

Traditional liposuction will help the contour thighs. It may not amount to a significant amount of weight lost. I would not use liposuction as a weight reduction method.

Thigh liposuction

Although the liposuction won't change your weight on the scale by very much, it can certainly be used to shape the thigh area, making your silhouette nicer.  The key to nice results is good skin elasticity and, of course, a skilled surgeon.

Will traditional Liposuction help remove actual pounds of fat?

Liposuction to the thighs is a reasonable treatment in the appropriate candidates.  Pictures or an exam would help make a determination.  Find a liposuction expert who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Nice Job! Liposuction is a tool created for the stubborn fat placed in unwanted areas, it seems that you are an ideal candidate, you will need to have an in person consultation to discuss all the options thorougly. I highly recommend vaser or laser lipo to tighten the skin at the same time. Good luck in your Plastic Surgery Journey!

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Thighs After Weight Loss

Thank you for your question.  Liposuction is meant for those areas which are resistant to diet and exercise.  You have done a great job losing weight!  An examination of your skin quality would help better determine if you are a good candidate for liposuction.  If your skin has good tone, then you would be a good candidate. 

Brian Joseph, MD