Is this symmastia? (photos)

First pic is one week post lift with 325cc implants. Second pic 8 weeks. I was extremely swollen especially over sternum. Now i still can press down about 1/4 inch. 5 8 150 lbs. Do i have symastia or will raised skin continue to down?

Symmastia - how to diagnose.

From your photos, you certainly had significant swelling early on which resolved for the most part. True symmastia exists when you can displace an implant across the midline or sternum. An exam is required for this. 

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

In looking at your pictures at 8 weeks post op you do not appear to have synmastia. the fullness is due to swelling (tenting)

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Is this symmastia?

Looking at your two photographs, it does not appear that symmastia (breasts too close to the midline of the sternum) is present. If I could look at your pre-op photos, it would probably be clear that the breasts are naturally close together. This is quite common. As the swelling continues to resolve over the following months, your breasts should slowly regain their shape. If you are still unsure, see your cosmetic surgeon, or get a second opinion by a Board Certified plastic surgeon.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Is this symmastia?

Without an in person exam it is impossible to say. Please see your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. Best of luck. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Is this symmastia?

It is impossible to tell without a physical exam - your Board Certified PS will examine you thoroughly to determine this.
Good Luck!

Jarrod Daniel, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Is this symmastia?

It too early to tell, The tissue need to settle, the swelling needs to resolve and scars need to mature. Check with your plastic surgeon.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Is this symmastia?

Still need to see a before photo to compare. I think NO symmastia still. Best to obtain in person paid second opinions... 

In symmastia after breast augmentation, the implants are touching. On the one week view I could not have told with certainty whether or not this problem was present. 

On the eight week photo, there is clearly separation of the implants, and symmastia is not present. I cannot even tell if there is "tenting", or elevation of the skin off the breastbone, in this photo.