Get rid on old stretch marks? (Photos)

I lost a lot of weight when I was in my early 20s. 60 pounds. It gave me stretch marks on my upper arms. Very bothersome. I do not feel comfortable unless I wear long sleeves. I've been using a cream called trilastin for over a year or so which faded them only slightly. Looking laser treatment to fix the problem. Will the laser treatment give me any further results. I need answers. Want to feel comfortable in my skin.

Doctor Answers 2

Stretch Marks -- Microneedling/PRP, Laser, Skin Care/Peels, Sculptra Injections

I suggest seeing an expert this can be improved with lasers, microneedling/PRP, and RF treatments or microneedling RF like intensif.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Stretch Marks upper arms...

Thank you for your question.  Stretch marks are difficult to treat and will likely require combination therapy.  Typically, we would start with topical Retin-A in combination with microneedling and growth factors.  If the stretch marks were red which yours do not appear to be then we may use a laser like Excel V.  For white stretch marks, in addition to the microneedling you can consider Clear and Brilliant/Fraxel/Infini.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.