Lump on flank after water jet lipo. Should I be worried? (Photo)

8 days post op water jet Lipo. I have a lump on my flank with a black and blue bruise in the same area. There's also a buckle in my garmet here. Should I be worried? Will a lymphatic drainage massage help?

Lump post body jet liopsuction

Hi,
firstly it looks like given a bit more time you are going to get a great result! The lump
may well be a collection of blood (a haematoma) in which case it should resolve over the next 4 weeks or so and you can speed this up with some gentle massage. As you say there is a buckle in your garment directly over the area it could be related to this and be the result of tissue oedema (which again will resolve given time and will be helped by massage). At 8 days following surgery it is still very early and I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it is still there in 5 weeks I would go and see your surgeon. I hope this helps
warmest regards
Anthony

Swollen flanks post-liposuction

Yes, you will experience lumps in areas post liposuction, this is not abnormal. The best post recovery treatments I recommend are Lymphatic Massage Therapy, Hyperbaric Chamber, IV Therapy. If the lump still exists 8-12 weeks post op I recommend following up with your treating surgeon. Best, Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lump after BodyJet liposuction

8 days after a procedure this is frequent and normal. Swelling will peak and is naturally no uniform all over the place. Follow the massage protocols as instructed by your surgeon and allow some time for settlement only one week after the procedure there is no need to worry about this.

Alexander Aslani, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It appears a VASER HI DEF procedure would have been better for you as you still have some fat that can be contoured.  But at this point the swelling needs to be massaged and you should have appropriate compression, shock therapy, and radiofrequeency treatments for the best results.  Dr. Emer.