Lipo or Tummy Tuck? (Photo)

What do I do?? I'm unhappy with my stomach 38yrs 2 kids one c-section exercise 6days a week. I'm having a breast lift and wanted to treat my stomach my Dr recommend a Tummy tuck but I'm not convinced with the scar, I'm afraid of Lipo cause fat comes back in other places what should i do?

Lipo or Tummy Tuck?

Hi. First, you look great for having had 2 kids. based on your photos I feel you are a candidate for lipo of abdomen, hips and flanks. I don't have the luxury of an exam and that may influence what I recommend. This is particularly so if you have stretch marks which may not be visible in the photos.Fat removed by liposuction DOES NOT come back nor does it go to other places. This is a misconception. fat cells do not reproduce so once removed, they are gone. The ones that remain behind have the ability to expand. If a patient gains weight after lipo, it will give the impression that fat in other places (that have not had lipo) has increased relative to those areas that were suctioned.Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in liposuction . Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?  How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so. How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications. In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. We accomodate patinets from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up. Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Good luck, Dr. PG

Lipo + BBL candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question
I recommend you waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Lipo or Tummy Tuck?

You are a good candidate for Liposuction alone, especially if you do not want a scar. I do not think that a Tummy Tuck is essential in your situation, based on your photographs. You can have detailed discussion with your Plastic Surgeon who can discuss this and give you different options. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

You would be a great candidate for liposuction alone.  You have good skin tone and no excess skin so you wouldn't greatly benefit from skin excision.  Lipo alone will result in improved contour and almost no scars.  Best wishes, Dr. T

What to do, what to do?

Thank you for your photos and question. you look like you could certainly benefit from liposuction of the abdomen and flanks (waist/ muffin top area). This would draw in your waist and accentuate your hourglass shape. Without a consultation it's hard to determine if you'd be a good candidate for a tummy tuck just because It's difficult to determine skin laxity through photos. If you're uncertain I'd suggest having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you determine the best plan of action for your dream results.

Leonard Tachmes, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a great candidate for liposuction. You already have a nice body, so the goal would be to refine your feminine curves by targeting the abdomen, hips / love handles, back, and medial thighs. The skin then retracts over the new shape to give the final result. If you want a little extra emphasis on your curves, you might also consider a Brazilian butt lift...
Liposuction is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results in a variety of areas and a in a variety of patients.
That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.
A key quality indicator is Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Don’t settle for less!

Tummy Tuck/ Abdominoplasty/ Reverse Tummy Tuck/ Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks. You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Lipo or Tummy Tuck?

If so =undecided than this fun IS NOT the correct place! Best to seek MANY in person opinions! My over the internet guess is superficial layered liposuction could offer the results.