Implant indented 2 wk post op (Photo)

I noticed on day 1 post op these indents that look bumpy at the top of my breast. implant poking up top on the left breast. Right breast slopes down, it almost looks deflated. My PS told me that I had little breast tissue (I lost 50 lbs, now weigh 128 lb I'm 5'7) but wearing breast band&performing massage will help my breast settle.My PS warned saline some times can be visible and ripple but he said that mine should turn out fine. I know I'm early in recovery so hope to will fill out beautifully

Lump After Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to determine as swelling may last several months.

I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Take care.

Implants indented

Hello, as you have mentioned it is only 2 weeks after your operation and implants can take months to settle.  I would suggest ongoing assessments and dialogue with your plastic surgeon.

Contour irregularity after breast augmentation

If you have saline implants then your contour deformity will likely persist (and probably get worse over time).  Correction would involve changing to gel implants and/or going under the muscle.  Unfortunately there is no other solution since saline implants tend to soften over time as the shell stretches and breast tissue thins out.

Bumps after implants

If your bumps are palapable this soon after surgery and your implants are on top of your muscle ,then they likely won't get better.  Hopefully your implants were placed below the muscle and then you can expect a better long term result.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Implant indented 2 wk post op

Sorry for the typical ripples seen with saline implants. But you should understand that saline implants do have that issue/complication. And if you are seeing this so early after surgery, I suspect this will be a problem. Might consider silicone implants exchange? 

Contour irregular post aug

Since you are only 2 weeks I think being patient is more important.You can do heat and massage to see if it will help.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon